Sponsored

Bullitt depreciation

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
Bullitt is supposed to keep its value better than other Mustangs... and it seems so according to this analysis ... Moreover, mileage is the main driver (88%), not model year. . and although green is slighly more expensive than black, the colour has no impact in depreciation.
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Have an offer from CARMAX for 43K for my 2020 Black Bullitt with 4500 miles. Tempting only because I am going to be deployed for a year. Do I let the car sit under a cover with a battery tender? Or sell it for a 2K loss in value and see what is available when I get back? I'm seriously impressed with the lack of depreciation.

I'm leaning towards keeping as I REALLY like the car, is likely the last Bullitt, and have made several mods, but $2k depreciation is VERY good.

I also priced out selling my truck, which has only depreciated $9K in 4 years and 50K miles. Gotta love the Tundra......

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
get a quote from the other outfits (vroom, carvana, etc) and put your zip code down as eg. Richmond and that 2k may be even less.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
Bullitt used prices are unbelievable right now. For Example I paid $45,957 for mine with every option except Recaro seats and with 4400 miles KBB.com says in very good condition it is worth $45,523 trade in. Wow. VROOM has some listed for $47,000 on cars.com.

Sponsored

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
I went to vroom and put in my cars info: 2019, 9200 miles, electronics package only option. They sent me an offer of $36k. Not sure how you are all getting such high offers ??? Iā€™m in Denver, maybe location is a factor?

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The 2019 Bullitt with 383 miles sold for $48,400 at Mecum Indy auction last Friday.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I received a VROOM offer for $46,500 which is about $1000 from what I paid the dealer back in December. I'm still under 3K miles so I'm in good shape for now.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
There is nothing special about the Bullitt retaining a high value, itā€™s true for most cars due to the specific state of the vehicles market

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
I received a VROOM offer for $46,500 which is about $1000 from what I paid the dealer back in December. I'm still under 3K miles so I'm in good shape for now.

So why the heck they being all cheap with me? Mileage? Options maybe? Grrrr.

I mean, I was toying with the idea of selling, but now Iā€™m kinda pissed that they are dissing me like this šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There is nothing special about the Bullitt retaining a high value, itā€™s true for most cars due to the specific state of the vehicles market
This! Same posts pop up on the Raptor forums. I could make money on the Bullitt I've owned and driven for a year and the Raptor I bought new 2 years ago is still worth what I paid for it. So what? It would cost me a fortune to replace them right now with something else. Vehicle prices (as well as every other damn thing) are crazy right now. Besides that, there really isn't a vehicle on the road right now that interests more than either of those.

If however you are thinking about getting out of a vehicle for whatever reason it's totally a seller's market like we've never seen before.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
This! Same posts pop up on the Raptor forums. I could make money on the Bullitt I've owned and driven for a year and the Raptor I bought new 2 years ago is still worth what I paid for it. So what? It would cost me a fortune to replace them right now with something else. Vehicle prices (as well as every other damn thing) are crazy right now. Besides that, there really isn't a vehicle on the road right now that interests more than either of those.

If however you are thinking about getting out of a vehicle for whatever reason it's totally a seller's market like we've never seen before.
If you are buying used yes, but new car MSRP prices haven't inflated like used have. So if you find a dealer willing to work with you then you can make some really good money on your used and get a new.

I will be making an 800 mile trip when then Gen 3 Raptor comes out due to that being the only one i could find willing to sell for a good price. So i get to make all that money on my used Raptor, and then get the new one at a price i was going to pay in this ridiculous market or regular market.
Sponsored