Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Picked her up today...meet Adrianna :D

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EB Convertible
It has now been 3 weeks since my car was built and placed in "Awaiting Shipment" and 1 week since my EDD went missing.

I talked to my dealer who talked to his rep. he told me it was rail car shortage and my car had been reprioritized but he could not offer any EDD. They have no idea when it will move.

Anybody in this thread who lost their EDD get moved to in transit or delivered?

Congrats to those with new cars they all look great.

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT PP
It has now been 3 weeks since my car was built and placed in "Awaiting Shipment" and 1 week since my EDD went missing.

I talked to my dealer who talked to his rep. he told me it was rail car shortage and my car had been reprioritized but he could not offer any EDD. They have no idea when it will move.

Anybody in this thread who lost their EDD get moved to in transit or delivered?

Congrats to those with new cars they all look great.
I'm in the same boat as you only mine is being delivered via truck. My EDD was today so when I check COTUS there is no longer an EDD displaying. All the dealer is able to tell me is that it has been released and it's just waiting to ship which has been about 2 weeks now. My wife and I are working with 1 car now since I sold my fusion based on the EDD coming up soon. Now we have no idea when it'll be delivered and looking at other mustangs at dealerships in the area we can pick up now.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Much like MichelBee, my car's been awaiting shipment for over three weeks and COTUS hasn't changed since my EDD disappeared on 5/5. My car still hasn't been released to shipping (according to Jeff as of late last week).

I found a car with similar options (my build plus enhanced security package) in Houston (about 250 miles south of here). My dealer is willing to eat the extra $395 for the ESP, and I've agreed to pay the transport cost from Houston to Fort Worth (I won't accept the car with more than 20 miles on the odo), so I've asked them to dealer trade and get it here ASAP. That car was apparently delivered Friday to the Houston dealer who installs the front license plate brackets during their PDI process, so I hope they haven't gotten to it yet. I'll probably have to deal with that, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Either way, the new car is a 4/16 blend, so I'm happy I'm still getting a Job #3 car. I'll post back when the deal is done.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I picked mine up tonight (5/12/15). Original delivery date was 5/18, so she came a little early. Nothing like seeing these cars in person! The coolest thing about the car so far is that when I arrived it was one shade of blue and by the time I left, sun had completely gone down it was another shade of blue.

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After weeks of waiting for mine to get out of Awaiting Shipment status, it has now moved into In Transit with an EDD of 5/21! :headbang:

This car better be worth it :thumbsup:

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After having no movement at all and being in Awaiting Shipment status for 4 weeks, it finally moved to In Transit yesterday. I was very surprised to find out it was delivered today and I have now picked it up!

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations

After having no movement at all and being in Awaiting Shipment status for 4 weeks, it finally moved to In Transit yesterday. I was very surprised to find out it was delivered today and I have now picked it up!
Congratulations Sir.

You are giving me hope. Enjoy your car.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
So I finally cancelled my original order which has been sitting in Flat Rock "Awaiting Shipment" for 28 days now. I'm determined there is a quality problem with that car, and I was tired of waiting, so I pulled the trigger on a Job #2 car with identical specs (plus enhanced security).

It was dusk before I finally took delivery, so I was limited on photos. I'll take some more tomorrow.

I LOVE this car! Now she just needs a name.

20150515_194139 - Small.jpg

20150515_194148 - Small.jpg

20150515_203633 - Small.jpg

Sponsored

colorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Camry SE
Congrats Robbie! The car looks fantastic. I'm getting almost the same car within the next week and your pictures helped add to the anticipation and excitement.

:cheers:

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Losing patience.

I'm now sitting at 4 weeks and no updates.

The dealer is involved. His rep is involved. They changed the priority and still nothing. I've given up on this one. I looked for a car in stock and there is nothing I like.

My deal included a favorable trade-in value. Because of that I was not using my 2007 GT but starting today it's my daily driver again.

In a week or 2 max I will need to change the tires and that is the point of no return. If I drop $1,000 on tires then the deal will die because I know he won't add $1000 on the trade.

I've enjoyed my 2007 for 8 years without any issues. Once you get passed the new car fever, logic sets in and you see the positive in keeping what you have.

I know for a fact that logic will go flying out the window if I get an EDD this week but for now I'm a proud owner/driver of a Black 2007 California Special convertible.

It's good to see some people here getting their cars. Congratulation to all.

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody here with a missing EDD actually get an update this passed week?

Just curious to see any progress?

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No action on this thread. Does this mean I'm the only one from this week without his car?

To clarify this great adventure of mine.

12 weeks since I ordered my car 03/30/2015
9 weeks since it's build day 04/20/2015. It has been sitting at the plant since then according to my dealer.

No updates in COTUS, Ford Service or my dealer's system since 04/20/2015

6 weeks since my original EDD disappeared from COTUS 05/05/2015

All Ford Service or my dealer can tell me:
  1. The car hasn't been released from the plant.
  2. The plant information is proprietary so we can't tell you why.
  3. The car is moving nicely through the process (12 weeks is not moving in my eyes).
  4. Fingers crossed it should moved soon. (Confidence inspiring)
  5. Plant closes at the end of this week for 2 weeks.
  6. Oh yeah Chevrolet is revealing their Camaro convertible this Thursday. I might order one of those. I think it will show up before this mustang.
The latest blow. I found another car at a different dealer I could live with. I had my dealer call them to get it transferred.

They won't do it because it was ordered for a client who ordered 2 cars from 2 dealers and they don't know if he will take it or not. They are waiting for this guy to call back and confirm if he's going with them or the other dealer.

BTW that car has been sitting on their lot for 10 days and it was ordered 9 days after my EDD.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
No action on this thread. Does this mean I'm the only one from this week without his car?
As you know, I stopped waiting and purchased a different car from a different dealer. FWIW, my ordered car (which was built 3 days early on 4/17) is still sitting in Flat Rock and has not been released.

All Ford Service or my dealer can tell me:
  3. The car is moving nicely through the process (12 weeks is not moving in my eyes).
That's exactly the same canned verbiage I received from FordService. I finally stopped asking, but I still watch the ordered car in COTUS. In FordService's defense, they are either not given additional information or are forbidden from disclosing it if they are.

6. Oh yeah Chevrolet is revealing their Camaro convertible this Thursday. I might order one of those. I think it will show up before this mustang.
:lol:

The latest blow. I found another car at a different dealer I could live with. I had my dealer call them to get it transferred.

They won't do it because it was ordered for a client who ordered 2 cars from 2 dealers and they don't know if he will take it or not. They are waiting for this guy to call back and confirm if he's going with them or the other dealer.

BTW that car has been sitting on their lot for 10 days and it was ordered 9 days after my EDD.
That sucks. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep hounding my dealer to hound the other dealer until they release the car. If your dealer doesn't want to cooperate, go talk to the other dealer directly. As the old saying goes, "money talks and bulls#!t walks". Go in with cash or financing in hand...I'd be willing to bet they will deal.

Either way it works out, good luck. I promise you this car is worth the wait, however long that wait may be.
Sponsored