Brakes Squealing

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
About a little over a month ago I installed some new brake pads, and ended up buying new rotors recently and just put them on. As soon as i put them on I bedded them and did 5 "45 to 10" and 5 "35 to 5" and everything seemed fine, but now a week later I've noticed at low speeds it squeals, especially in the mornings its LOUD until i get rolling then it stops for a while and may come back.

I admit this is my first time bedding my own brakes, is there a chance I didn't do them correctly and thats why I am getting the loud squeal?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
About a little over a month ago I installed some new brake pads, and ended up buying new rotors recently and just put them on. As soon as i put them on I bedded them and did 5 "45 to 10" and 5 "35 to 5" and everything seemed fine, but now a week later I've noticed at low speeds it squeals, especially in the mornings its LOUD until i get rolling then it stops for a while and may come back.

I admit this is my first time bedding my own brakes, is there a chance I didn't do them correctly and thats why I am getting the loud squeal?
what pads did you buy?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Put some anti squeal grease on the back side of the pads.

OP
OP
Ayee__Jay

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Put some anti squeal grease on the back side of the pads.
From when I was watching the guy install them, he never sprayed brake cleaner on them...could that be an issue? Sorry, still learning lol.

Sponsored

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
From when I was watching the guy install them, he never sprayed brake cleaner on them...could that be an issue? Sorry, still learning lol.
It's copper grease you need a thin smear on the backing plate on the pads.

OP
OP
Ayee__Jay

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
It's copper grease you need a thin smear on the backing plate on the pads.
Lol well, i took it somewhere and he said I just haven't broken the brakes in fully yet, so I found a service road and began to break them in again. Seemed to do the trick but the squeal slowly came back.
Sponsored