Sponsored

Brakemotive rotors

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
So who else kept these on your car? Safe for daily driving?
10s of thousands have kept them on their cars. Brakemotive has been around a long time and almost all the cars I've owned and boards I've been on have had substantial use. That doesn't mean what happened with [MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] is okay or just a one-off fluke. It could be a bad batch (which is still concerning) or it could be part of a larger design or manufacturing problem, but asking if any cars on here haven't had issues shouldn't help you in any decision making.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have the Powerstop version. Hopefully they hold up.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Wow...I've had these in my garage for months and just put them on today. I don't track my car any more, but this is still concerning. I do like to do a little "spirited" driving once in awhile. Guess I will not push the brakes too much. Painted the calipers while I was at it.
Brake Rotor Blue.jpg
Brake Rotor.jpg

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
Looks good cgreen5150 - I had a similar concern, having them not long before seeing the report of a broken rotor. But at least for me, while concerning, it didn't poison the whole situation.

I'm glad the member who experienced the failure was able to control it. They did mention finding others, and in my searching I found the two (2) examples they shared (noting the Corvette guys actually complimented Brake Motive). Expanding my search, I was amazed at just how many different brands and types have failures (cracks, broken rings, etc.) For me personally, it opened my eyes to the situation (I didn't realize these things break like that), and demonstrated that even the high end brands fail.

Ultimately the truth for me is the Brake Motive setup (or in my case the PowerStop "street warrior" setup) is good for street, occasional spirited driving, and typical daily usage. If I were to track it my car I'd swap them to something suited for the purpose and be prepared to replace them allot more than I would have previously thought. In the meantime I do admit I look at them a little more closely due to this thread, but so far so good...

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
^^^Well said and couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not looking to reach out to the manufacturer for any reimbursement. I’m looking to prevent anyone else from having this happen to them. I’ve now found three cases of the exact same failure from these rotors. There is clearly a manufacturing or casting issue with these that is a serious safety concern. Yes this is most likely only going to show it’s face when on track after multiple hard stops but IMO it’s just not worth the risk even on a street car.

Here is the third case I’ve found.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-beware-of-track-day-rotors-by-powerstop.html

If you search for doghouse performance on Instagram you will see the other mustang that had the exact same failure this weekend.
Thank you for your post. Cant believe you were attacked for it SMH.

BRR_416

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Just wanted to add my two cents. I decided to weigh the brakes I am going to be installing:
4 piston PP Front Calipers: 15 lbs 3.4 oz
Brakemotive 14" DS Rotors: 28 lbs 5.6 oz
PP Single Piston Rear Caliper: 12 lbs 14.9 oz
13" FoMoCo Rear Rotors: 17 lbs 2.9 oz

Both calipers include OEM Ford pads. The rear caliper is a little heavy because it includes the hose. If I remember I will weigh the parts I take off for reference.
Brakes (2).jpg
Brakes (3).jpg
Brakes (4).jpg
Brakes (5).jpg
Sponsored