Sponsored

Brake Fluid Question

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
he's got a GT350 little bit different setup :)
To be fair, that's not exactly made clear in the first post, and we are not used to seeing GT350 related posts in this section of the forum.

Point stands for a GT though, in case anyone is curious.
Sponsored

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Automec DOT 5 High Boiling Point Silicone Brake/Clutch Fluid is what I tend to use instead of mineral oil.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
To be fair, that's not exactly made clear in the first post, and we are not used to seeing GT350 related posts in this section of the forum.

Point stands for a GT though, in case anyone is curious.
Agree that it may apply to GT. However, no issue to date with the GT350 on OEM brakes and OEM fluid. Brakes are set up for the track in their stock configuration. The brake lines can be changed for extra "insurance" but it is absolutely not necessary. GT-PP uses same lines, and they can handle the pressure.

So, not concerned about lines. Looking for fluid I can use when we are at Spa in a couple weeks and still drive on the street afterwards. If I use OEM fluid at Spa (which at this point I probably will), I'll change it afterwards, and definitely not use the same fluid at the N'Ring later this summer. Some guys go 2-3 track sessions on OEM, but I am not willing to do that. However, if I use AP Racing or Castrol SRF, I won't change after Spa. No need for sure.

So, that leaves the street. I know SRF does well on the street. I am not sure that AP does, as some racing fluids do not perform well off track.

AP Racing R4 does not have a dot rating--by U.S. standard, it is not a street fluid. It can, however, be mixed with dot 3 and dot 4, because it is not silicon based.

Bottom line, I'll make a decision next week and let all know how it turned out.
Sponsored