Sponsored

Low windscreen wash fluid - warning?

nick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5L 2016 - Deep blue
As I was setting off from North Wales to London yesterday, in the first hour of the drive, I run out of windscreen wash fluid. The odd thing is that I didn't receive a warning of low fluid. Just wondering whether the Mustang has this feature or is there a fault with mine?
Sponsored

OP
OP

nick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5L 2016 - Deep blue
That's an odd place to find a couple of dollars savings...but there you go; one lives and learn i.e carry some screenwash with you - plenty of storage place where the spare wheel should have been :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Everytime I wash my car, i'm filling it up, the salt and sand mix on the roads is fucking disgusting for the wind screen!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
As someone pointed out in an almost identical thread recently... when it's stops working... that's your low fluid warning (great thinking by Ford as a way to help keep the Mustang affordable to the masses) :frusty: !

As [MENTION=27992]nick1[/MENTION] suggests, keep a bottle of 'ready mix' in the spare wheel well in the boot.

Not exactly 21st century tech... but it's a solution (literally)!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll admit, I was pretty surprised the S550 doesn't have a low fluid warning. I expected my old SN95 to have one, but found out the hard way last winter that it didn't!

I assume my S197 doesn't either......but I've never had to refill it since it never goes out in weather crappy enough to need to use screenwash :p

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit, I was pretty surprised the S550 doesn't have a low fluid warning. I expected my old SN95 to have one, but found out the hard way last winter that it didn't!

I assume my S197 doesn't either......but I've never had to refill it since it never goes out in weather crappy enough to need to use screenwash :p
Save weight, dont fill u your car fluids..... Or just don't drive it :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: