Brake cooling hose routing

OP
OP

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mike, here's a few pictures of how I routed my hoses.

After inspecting my hoses, I do see some slight pinching of the hose on the driver side from the sway bar but most of my rubbing comes from the steering rack boot.

A couple things that I noticed from your original setup:

- I see you are running an aftermarket sway bar (BMR?) with the stock endlinks. If you add some adjustable endlinks you can lengthen them so the bar ends are parallel to the ground - this will give your hoses more clearance.

- Also, its tough to tell from the photo but it appears that driver side hose is pretty stretched out which will also cause issues. Make sure you have plenty of slack in the hose to allow full range lock-to-lock.

Good luck with your track day!

That's Great! I was curious why you had sooo much more clearance between the Sway bar and frame. After tomorrow, new end links are first on my list.
Thank you!
BTW, The rotors your sporting on on my short list as well. The ones I have from Optimim performance are an awesome low cost way for weekend warrior track guy. I'm looking to get a little more serious next year.
Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
That's Great! I was curious why you had sooo much more clearance between the Sway bar and frame. After tomorrow, new end links are first on my list.
Thank you!
BTW, The rotors your sporting on on my short list as well. The ones I have from Optimim performance are an awesome low cost way for weekend warrior track guy. I'm looking to get a little more serious next year.
No problem! I ran a one day event yesterday and just put the AP rotors on. I made the switch from the factory non-slotted rotors and the difference in bite and consistency throughout a 25-30 min session was definitely noticeable! Not to mention the 10lbs per side weight savings, improved cooling and durability over the factory rotors.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So I installed the FTBR ducts this weekend and while it took a little (okay, a lot) longer than I expected, there were no big hiccups.

That said, how are you dealing with the ducts coming out from the bumper to the sway bars; the tubing on mine is hanging a little low and doesn't allow for the belly pan to reattach fully to the fender liner and frame.

OP
OP

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So I installed the FTBR ducts this weekend and while it took a little (okay, a lot) longer than I expected, there were no big hiccups.

That said, how are you dealing with the ducts coming out from the bumper to the sway bars; the tubing on mine is hanging a little low and doesn't allow for the belly pan to reattach fully to the fender liner and frame.
The passenger side is a little snug, but I was able to get the fasteners into place. The button OEM Button fasteners are a POS in my opinion. I used heavy duty zip ties to reattach the bottom where it mates up with the belly pan.
My tubes don't hang below the belly pan, they're even with it.

After my track day yesterday, My hose stayed in place and worked well. I did prevent from turning lock to lock as that would have damaged the hose.:thumbsup:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
The passenger side is a little snug, but I was able to get the fasteners into place. The button OEM Button fasteners are a POS in my opinion. I used heavy duty zip ties to reattach the bottom where it mates up with the belly pan.
My tubes don't hang below the belly pan, they're even with it.

After my track day yesterday, My hose stayed in place and worked well. I did prevent from turning lock to lock as that would have damaged the hose.:thumbsup:
I have zip ties for now as well... I'll have to see about them hanging down - I recall something preventing them from going any higher.

Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have zip ties for now as well... I'll have to see about them hanging down - I recall something preventing them from going any higher.
How did you route the passenger side hose around the washer fluid tank? I pinched the hose a bit and ran it between the tank and wheel well liner rather than routing the hose under the tank and between the undertray. I found if I did the later, the passenger side hose did drop down farther than I wanted.

I'm done with track days for the season but will be looking into getting ducts into the lower grill inlets. The FTBR kit has worked well for me but I really think the lower grill inlets will flow more air and avoid some of the awkward angles/routing from the foglights.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
How did you route the passenger side hose around the washer fluid tank? I pinched the hose a bit and ran it between the tank and wheel well liner rather than routing the hose under the tank and between the undertray. I found if I did the later, the passenger side hose did drop down farther than I wanted.

I'm done with track days for the season but will be looking into getting ducts into the lower grill inlets. The FTBR kit has worked well for me but I really think the lower grill inlets will flow more air and avoid some of the awkward angles/routing from the foglights.
I've actually been working on my version of the lower grille inlets for the ducts. I believe that is a better spot for routing and for grabbing air.

I basically just made a quick mold of the corner inlets with 2 layer strips of fiberglass, pulled that off, then sculpted a transition to 3" with Styrofoam. After that I taped up the foam with duct tape to make everything smooth and flowing and laid a combination of fiberglass cloth followed by layers of chopped mat for strength.

Now I'm working on using some aluminum to make it easily repeatable, but I won't be manufacturing the kits unfortunately, just helping local guys fab them up.
Sponsored