Sponsored

Brake Booster Pin Removal

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... so I am trying to fix this god awful design of a brake switch pedal pad.

Who has figured how to remove the blue pin for the power brake booster actuator with the plastic guard in the way, tight tolerances and horrible design?

I'd love to know...

To replace that .05 cent piece of plastic I'm having to extract the entire brake pedal assembly to get access to it.
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall that is a one time use part and you usually destroy it when you remove it

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it feels that way on the automatics, I’ve seen F150 videos about removal and you can put a 11mm socket on the end. But there is no access to the side where the pins need to be depressed.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Car removed for clarity

1. NOTE: The booster push rod clevis-locking pin is a one-time use only part. Any time the booster push rod clevis-locking pin is removed, a new booster push rod clevis-locking pin should be used.

Remove and discard the booster push rod clevis-locking pin and position aside the booster push rod.
imagen2.jpg

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Car removed for clarity

1. NOTE: The booster push rod clevis-locking pin is a one-time use only part. Any time the booster push rod clevis-locking pin is removed, a new booster push rod clevis-locking pin should be used.

Remove and discard the booster push rod clevis-locking pin and position aside the booster push rod.
imagen2.jpg

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Car removed for clarity

imagen2.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go, different application, BUT most likely the same pin design or part - does this help any?

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/brake-booster-clevis-pin.1140320/

EDIT:
@fmc_smt - LMAO - we must have been responding at same time, same thoughts!! The thread I provided has some close up pics of actual pin, it IS the same seen in your supplied diagrams.

———
EDIT 2:
The PIN is actually 2 parts as seen in the images.

If you have a pick or something with a very pointy end, insert it under the “head” (male pin part that is inserted into the larger female body) - pry up on the head to remove that pin (male). Once that is removed, it will allow compression of the remaining part (body).

These type of push pins are similar to what holds on the front inner wheel splash shields (2-part black pin, removal is same by popping head out first then removing body).

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The male part is actually metal and is a pia to get out .

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is, because the pedal bracket is 1/8 inch from the end. And the pedal is concave in nature where the pin exits the pedal which that diagram shows the easy opposite side.
Sponsored