Sponsored

Brake and Clutch Fluid

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hello,

I've done a little bit of searching but can't find what I'm specifically looking for.

What is the best process to 'renew' the brake/clutch fluid on a 17 GT as part of a 2 year service?

They share the same reservoir. There is a bit of information out there for 'bleeding' but not really for just changing the fluid.

Cheers.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Flush the fluid. That's about the best you can do.

Check the myriad threads on this, and buy yourself a Motive Power Bleeder.

JR

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hello,

I've done a little bit of searching but can't find what I'm specifically looking for.

What is the best process to 'renew' the brake/clutch fluid on a 17 GT as part of a 2 year service?

They share the same reservoir. There is a bit of information out there for 'bleeding' but not really for just changing the fluid.

Cheers.
Bleeding is changing the fluid. Your pump new fluid in and let the old one out through brake bleeding screws...
I use Motive power bleeder. Works well.

OP
OP

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for responding. I'll give that a go.

Just out of curiosity. What would a Ford Service Technician do purely for a service? Same thing?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks for responding. I'll give that a go.

Just out of curiosity. What would a Ford Service Technician do purely for a service? Same thing?
Yes - shop manual actually says "Use the General Equipment: Brake/Clutch System Pressure Bleeder/Filler" (just looked it up). It gets little trickier if you replace master cylinder, but otherwise - that's what they would do.
Sponsored