Bought a GT350 Before X-Mas. What a Mistake

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Fair point, but maybe it helps that I'm in southern NE, and the winter hasn't been all that bad ... so far. They also use mostly sand, not salt, in my area. Even so, I'm constantly at the self-service car wash hosing down the car and undercarriage.
Define Southern New England. I am in Boston, and there isn't a single street right now as I type this without salt, as there's snow announced today.... Mine is resting in a garage for the winter, with a charger attached to the battery. Only take her out late March most likely, or even April when everything is cleared. I play with my 335i in winter, not as fun as Shelby, but not bad at all.
Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Ha!, Put your big screen in front of the car, turn on some UTube track videos and get after it. with the motor warm you can play all you want. LOL from rainy Seattle. Wash in the rain after driving in the rain. Week after week.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Congratulations and yes I can feel your pain. I bought my car in December as well. It was so snowy that the truck actually got stuck on our street and had to drop it off in my front driveway instead of the garage at the back of the house that is completely covered in ice. Also when my mustang arrived, the rear end was packed with snow . A price to pay for delivery in the snowstorm. So , yeah, few more months and we are laughing . :)
Cheers
Martin

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Congratulations and yes I can feel your pain. I bought my car in December as well. It was so snowy that the truck actually got stuck on our street and had to drop it off in my front driveway instead of the garage at the back of the house that is completely covered in ice. Also when my mustang arrived, the rear end was packed with snow . A price to pay for delivery in the snowstorm. So , yeah, few more months and we are laughing . :)
Cheers
Martin
I was lucky to get transportation in an enclosed trailer. See video and listen to the crunch of salt. By the way those 2 minivans are mine. How horrible is that!
Now my kids think I'm am no longer a loser.:)

[ame]

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I was out a month or so ago, in mine. We have about 6" of snow, currently on the ground, with a few more expected in the next couple days. Should be getting up in the high 30's in the next week or so. Hopefully some of it will start melting soon. Hope to be out driving around in another couple months.
The older I get, the more I hate winters. Used to love them as a kid. Yep, no no to drive on them brine roads.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I was lucky to get transportation in an enclosed trailer. See video and listen to the crunch of salt. By the way those 2 minivans are mine. How horrible is that!
Now my kids think I'm am no longer a loser.:)

I have Mini van! LOL Ours is an old 04 silver Sienna with a few lil mods. We have nick named it the Millennium Falcon, HA

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Define Southern New England. I am in Boston, and there isn't a single street right now as I type this without salt, as there's snow announced today.... Mine is resting in a garage for the winter, with a charger attached to the battery. Only take her out late March most likely, or even April when everything is cleared. I play with my 335i in winter, not as fun as Shelby, but not bad at all.
I'm in far western/southern CT. I can relate somewhat to the snow frustration, and I won't take out the GT350 in anything more than an inch of snow. And in fact, there's heavy snow right now, with up to 5 inches expected. Darn!

However, the roads get cleared quickly around here, so I'll have no problem taking the car out in a day or two. They're meant to be driven!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in far western/southern CT. I can relate somewhat to the snow frustration, and I won't take out the GT350 in anything more than an inch of snow. And in fact, there's heavy snow right now, with up to 5 inches expected. Darn!

However, the roads get cleared quickly around here, so I'll have no problem taking the car out in a day or two. They're meant to be driven!
So you're taking it out on one inch of snow ? Did you change tires ? Mine is like a sledge on anything snow with the PSS tires on.... can't even get up on driveway.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Congrats on the purchase. Living in the Midwest, I, too, feel your pain. My coping mechanisms to avoid GT350 withdrawal involve taking this down-time to buy things for my car to make sure it knows that I haven't forgotten about it. :) So far this winter I've staved off my non-GT350-driving-induced depression with:
- A second set of wheels (for mounting track tires);
- Track-specific brake pads & brake fluid;
- Halon fire extinguisher & mount; and
- Appropriate motor oil, transmission fluid, and differential fluid for when I bring the car out of hibernation.

If you haven't already done so, this would also be a great time to replace your front brake bolts with Caliperfexion studs, particularly if you plan to track the car.

Spring will be here before you know it, amateur weather-forecasting rodents notwithstanding. Hang in there!

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
So you're taking it out on one inch of snow ? Did you change tires ? Mine is like a sledge on anything snow with the PSS tires on.... can't even get up on driveway.
Yes, indeed. I immediately put all-season Michelin Pilot Sports on my GT350 (I've got the factory summer tires in my basement). I also added about 150 lbs of weight in the trunk and I drive it in "weather" mode when needed. Works great. I don't take it out in snow when I can help it, but I also don't let it prevent me from using the car all winter. That would be torture.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Don't know what is worse, getting the car and not driving it or getting it and driving for a period, then forced to put it away for the winter.
If I don't drive my GT350 for a period of 2 weeks or so, I start going through Shelby withdrawal pains. Screws me up badly !!

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
I feel your pain...well...sort of...being in SoCal we can drive year round. Use the time to get your planned mods going so she's ready to roll first nice day! Congrats on your new GT350 and Lightning Blue is the fastest color :)

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Don't know what is worse, getting the car and not driving it or getting it and driving for a period, then forced to put it away for the winter.
If I don't drive my GT350 for a period of 2 weeks or so, I start going through Shelby withdrawal pains. Screws me up badly !!
LOL, I can't go two DAYS w/o a Shelby fix...that FPC engine wail and bas assed handling...sweet!!

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Same here...bought mine on 12/1 and this has been the coldest winter I can remember. I think I've had maybe 6 or 7 days to drive...the worst part is not too much will change as I'm only going to be able to drive it on the weekends Too many nosey gossiping asses at work and it doesn't fit in with all of the subarus, hybrids and teslas in the parking lot. Sucks bad...probably going to end up tracking a few times and letting her go at some point.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Mine has been in storage since Thanksgiving. Its been bad here because we haven't had that much snow in the philly area overall but a lot of storms that start as snow, then ice, then rain. These nights it then drops below freezing and a shit load of salt goes out.

If it would snow it would make it easier to not drive it. However most days the grass is visible but just salt everywhere
Sponsored