Sponsored

Boss Style X-Pipe/Side Exhaust

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I online chatted with FP today and the rep said it was 2.75" aft of the X, which means it would fit up to my 350R. Seriously thinking about it but would love to see more 1st hand experience with the install and impressions of the sound. I loved the sidepipes on my Boss and I think it would be fun on the 350.
Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I online chatted with FP today and the rep said it was 2.75" aft of the X, which means it would fit up to my 350R. Seriously thinking about it but would love to see more 1st hand experience with the install and impressions of the sound. I loved the sidepipes on my Boss and I think it would be fun on the 350.
There appears to be only one person, we know of, which has installed the Boss side pipes. His posted video gives just a hint on how it would sound. My belief it would sound great, but fitment and how low it would hang would be larger concerns.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
It appears to mount in the same manner as on the Boss 302 and if that is true, then the tips should not hang down at all. They should be no lower than the side valances. Certainly on the Boss, it was a really well engineered piece and the flex pipe is further proof if that.

I am 90% of the way to doing it but don't like being the guinea pig.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If you watch the quick video, at the end you can see the middle section which is rather low for my taste. I had the Boss 302 pipes on my ā€˜11 GT with the larger Kooksā€™ side pipe sections. They scraped at every speed bump and raised street section. It was a major pain in a.z driving around worrying if you might tear off your exhaust. My 350 is lowered with Steeda dual rates and I scrape all the time in my driveway and other inclining/declining entrances. The person on this thread who installed them has never really replied on how well the installation went or any issues they ran into.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I can't seem to find a video showing the actual exhaust - if it was the IG post, I am not a member so I can't see it unfortunately.

Those Kooks Boss side pipes looked so awesome! But yeah I never got them for my Boss because they looked like scrape city! The factory sidepipes caused me zero issues and my car was on coilovers (although not as low as my GT350R is from the factory). I just watched a video from American Muscle about these S550 side pipes and they seem to hang just a little below the pinch welds but not too bad. You do it first, Creedog! Be the man!

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Canā€™t be the first since the OP was but no replies from him. At over $1k plus most likely modifications needed for installation, it is too expensive for me. I currently have the Corsa Helix and love the sound upgrade from removing the resonators, but these might cause some issues with scraping. It runs fantastic at HPDEs now so I donā€™t want to cause any problems by adding these. If they fit perfectly then Ford would have no problem to state this to increase sales.

If you have Instagram then look up mech94. It should be on his page.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
No I meant that between the two of us YOU should go first and then tell me how it went!

I hear ya about the cost and whether or not it will cause other problems. It's on my radar for sure but I have some other projects I want to do first. Oh, and no I don't have IG that's why I can't see the video I guess.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
LOL šŸ˜

I have a few other things I want to add/mod before I tackle exhaust again. Add a rear tow hook, roll bar harness collars, and get some Cup 2ā€™s for my Apex rims. Also many tracks are now getting harsher with volume restrictions so adding volume might get me black flagged. When you pay for registration, track insurance, gas, consumables, tires, food and lodging, the last thing you want is to be shut down for the day because your car is too loud.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
LOL šŸ˜

I have a few other things I want to add/mod before I tackle exhaust again. Add a rear tow hook, roll bar harness collars, and get some Cup 2ā€™s for my Apex rims. Also many tracks are now getting harsher with volume restrictions so adding volume might get me black flagged. When you pay for registration, track insurance, gas, consumables, tires, food and lodging, the last thing you want is to be shut down for the day because your car is too loud.
Throw some cut-outs on and then its only loud when you want it.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Now that's what I am talking about! Electric cutouts would be perfect!

Or heck you could always use the blanking plates like the Bosses came with to shut off the sidepipes for trackdays.

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Throw some cut-outs on and then its only loud when you want it.
I have thought about that. Brenspeed has a kit. Hit the button and open/close as much or little as you want. Itā€™s trying to get someone I totally trust to install them in my area.

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
some pictures since I had it up in the air this morning
20211030_095825.jpg
20211030_095820.jpg
20211030_095815.jpg
20211030_095809.jpg
20211030_095802.jpg
20211030_095758.jpg
20211030_092647.jpg

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Iā€™ve been considering this package, as well, and I want to retain the factory rocker switch quiet button.

To do so, Iā€™ve been considering purchasing the exhaust valves from Ford, or a wrecked 350, and having them welded in so that itā€™sstill the factory similarity.

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Iā€™ve been considering this package, as well, and I want to retain the factory rocker switch quiet button.

To do so, Iā€™ve been considering purchasing the exhaust valves from Ford, or a wrecked 350, and having them welded in so that itā€™sstill the factory similarity.
won't work with factory valves but qtp sells a set specifically for this side exhaust