Sponsored

Borla S type installation tips

blankman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT Nite Pony
So I took the night off for a work golf tournament in the am. My exhaust came in a couple days ago, so I plan to install it today. I was just curious if there were any tips to removing and or installing? Back of the car is going to go on ramps or jack stands. I'm going to stop at autozone and advanced to see if they have a hanger removal tool. Other then that is there anything yall can suggest to make my life easier today?
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catbacks are a super easy install. Try to get the car as high in the air as you can. Silcone spray helps with the hangers.

CJ Pony Parts and AM probably have install videos you can watch before getting under the car.

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You should have some basic strength to get them off the hangers. When I installed my new exhaust, it was pretty simple. Just be patient when things don’t go in first try.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I did back on ramps and front on jack stands. As mentioned get the car in the air as much as possible. I used CJ pony parts videos for my how to. And have a floor jack or something to hold the muffler level while tighten the clamps so they don't sag. Unless you have another person to help. 2 people is ideal if possible.

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0254.jpeg

OP
OP
blankman

blankman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT Nite Pony
Well that was way easier than expected. I was being stubborn and trie to do it with just back ramps. my gigantic 1/2" impact barely fit on the nuts in front of the resonator. So I just jacked up the passengers side and viola. I had to actually remove the muffler hangers as the muffler deletes he had, (boogered welds and it looked the melted some of the pipe and welded that hole up), the shop that did it for the previous owner didn't trim the hangers on the delete. They were so long that the pipe was literally against the cradle...or sub frame...or whatever is under the rear diff.

My helper had to leave to goto the regatta , so I just used jack stands and a tape to align the tips. I'll tell ya, I don't know how I've worked on cars for a long time and never had an impact. 30 mins off and an hour to install and align.

Also I have to say, holy shit I'm glad I put a real exhaust on it. Those muffler deletes were loud and obnoxious, now it's just a little less loud and sounds amazing. I can't stop taking roads with a million stop signs to hear it. also the drone with those deletes were killing me. now there isn't any at all on the highway when I'm cruising...not stepping on it....which is super hard to avoid now.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Well that was way easier than expected. I was being stubborn and trie to do it with just back ramps. my gigantic 1/2" impact barely fit on the nuts in front of the resonator. So I just jacked up the passengers side and viola. I had to actually remove the muffler hangers as the muffler deletes he had, (boogered welds and it looked the melted some of the pipe and welded that hole up), the shop that did it for the previous owner didn't trim the hangers on the delete. They were so long that the pipe was literally against the cradle...or sub frame...or whatever is under the rear diff.

My helper had to leave to goto the regatta , so I just used jack stands and a tape to align the tips. I'll tell ya, I don't know how I've worked on cars for a long time and never had an impact. 30 mins off and an hour to install and align.

Also I have to say, holy shit I'm glad I put a real exhaust on it. Those muffler deletes were loud and obnoxious, now it's just a little less loud and sounds amazing. I can't stop taking roads with a million stop signs to hear it. also the drone with those deletes were killing me. now there isn't any at all on the highway when I'm cruising...not stepping on it....which is super hard to avoid now.
S Type is amazing. I lovve mine 😁😁
Sponsored