BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's absolutely true and here's why. Our muffler outflows the stock muffler with the valve open (and closed), and our X-Pipe outflows the factory X-pipe.

I posted pictures before of the difference in X-Pipe designs so there's no mystery why we were able to find power with our X-Pipe.

We also found some power in our muffler and some have questioned how that's possible. The reason we were able to find power in our muffler is because the stock muffler has an internal diameter decrease. In other words the open valve circuit, or the loud circuit if you will, necks down to a smaller diameter inside the stock muffler. The Borla muffler maintains the same diameter throughout.

[FONT=&quot]The major area of restriction in the stock muffler looks to be the tailpipe portion where it has a nominal 2.50” valve that has ridges that restrict to 2.25”. There are also complex tight radius bends in the tube. In contrast our tailpipe uses a nominal 2.75” valve without ridges and therefore no restriction. Our tailpipe, also, is nearly straight.[/FONT]

Below are the flowbench results of just the mufflers. Stock vs. Borla and the flowbench results of the entire catback. Stock vs. Borla.
Normally I call BS on most manf'er claims as such but I'm listening. So I have a question then: aren't factory catalytic converters which are often 800 - 1200 cell count bricks usually the biggest restriction? Or is it that the restrictions by the muffler are so extreme that even though cats are a big restriction, there's so much gas piling up in between them that it chokes on itself?

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going on 10 days and still no video from them....Voodoo will post his up soon and borla will be kicking rocks still on this editing.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Okay, great question.

The gains are found in 2 areas. The X-Pipe and Muffler setup.

Below, I've posted pictures of both the OEM X-Pipe as well as our (Borla's) X-Pipe.

You can see that the OEM is really not a true X-Pipe but rather a stamped piece that's not ideal for flow. Also, there's a diameter decrease going into and exiting the X-Pipe and resonator.

The Borla is a true X-Pipe that maximizes flow and maintains the 2.75" diameter throughout.

Our straight through mufflers also outflow the stock muffler configuration.

If you have further questions please let me know.
is the picture of the Shelby exhaust a GT350R or GT350 ????

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
To be fair, their videos are quite thorough usually, must be exhausting to put together.
I see what you did there

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Going on 10 days and still no video from them....Voodoo will post his up soon and borla will be kicking rocks still on this editing.
I contacted Chris at Borla and I should receive mine this coming week. But remember I have ARH long tubes and off road X pipe.

Sponsored

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
David, we get a teaser video or you're banned.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I dig the power gain but if the sound looses its character, I'll keep the stock setup. My car, testing camera placement. Its good!
[ame]

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Once you install long tubes and X pipe you'll never go back to stock. The throttle response and hp/tq increase are big gains. You do not lose the GT350 signature sound when using the stock mufflers, its enhanced! With the magnaflow cat back system on stock headers it sounds like a lot of base to me. With the Borlas on stock headers were not sure yet. When I install my Borla system on my ARH long tubes and if it takes away the GT350 sounds, I'll be selling them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.