Sponsored

Boost Works Twin Turbo System Pics/Video/Pricing Bonanza!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I cannot wait until some of the new F1 turbo technology is adopted. Hot side separated from the cold side by a shaft. Helps with packaging and heat separation.
Thanks for this info. Just learned something new. But it seems like this design has the be incorporated by a car manufacture along with it's engine integration than a third party turbo kit added to a none F/I car.

Personally I still like to see the electric S/C being used like the new Audi starting to use E/C.
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Travis, with the twin kit and Lund tune on a automatic stang, I assume in sport+ manual shift mode it is a BLAST to drive Hugh? I have often wondered though Travis of the two forced inducted systems that you sell, which one would you do on your own personal car between the KB kit and the twin kits? I ask because I am just a little torn between the two myself after seeing what the KB 3.2 can put down as well.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Its mostly just going to depend on what power delivery you like. Do you prefer to have change a pulley to turn up or down boost or do you like being able to just adjust it on the fly to a safe psi setting inside your tunes ability? Blowers and turbos both have pros and cons.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Any chance of No-Lift-Shifts being built into the tunes? I know the FRPP tunes do it and Cobb has it for ecoboost.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Travis, with the twin kit and Lund tune on a automatic stang, I assume in sport+ manual shift mode it is a BLAST to drive Hugh? I have often wondered though Travis of the two forced inducted systems that you sell, which one would you do on your own personal car between the KB kit and the twin kits? I ask because I am just a little torn between the two myself after seeing what the KB 3.2 can put down as well.
Man.. You know, it's really tough to make that call (for someone else). Personally, I'm a huge KB fan. The 3.2 IMO is the perfect 7-900hp blower and the TQ on demand is really nice. But, I spent the better part of my 17 years in this industry designing some of the fastest turbo cars of that time. So, I have a soft spot for turbochargers as well.

You can't go wrong either way.. But, for me, KB is my favorite.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any chance of No-Lift-Shifts being built into the tunes? I know the FRPP tunes do it and Cobb has it for ecoboost.
I haven't personally tried it, but I'm pretty sure it's doable. I know there are a few boxes that we've installed that it works for sure.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Man.. You know, it's really tough to make that call (for someone else). Personally, I'm a huge KB fan. The 3.2 IMO is the perfect 7-900hp blower and the TQ on demand is really nice. But, I spent the better part of my 17 years in this industry designing some of the fastest turbo cars of that time. So, I have a soft spot for turbochargers as well.

You can't go wrong either way.. But, for me, KB is my favorite.
Wow, I figured you'd say the KB. Is it that it a little more fun out on the road for daily driving? The KB is much heavier than the turbos too correct? What is the max boost that the 3.2 can put out on E85 and how much power could that be at? Pound for pound lately it seems as if the blowers are making right at the same HP as turbos.

Sponsored

Spulbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
KB = Easier install, instant power throughout the rpm band, no need for a boost controller or c02 and a bunch vacuum and c02 lines that will or could melt on u if not placed and ran correctly, could have belt issues if ur at the upper end of the blowers limits (my friend has snapped a few belts on his 4.0KB and manual every now and again) IATs may be a bit higher with the KBs too if ur putting some heavy boost numbers down, uses power to turn the rotors not sure the estimated number, larger/more injector for the same whp as Turbos.

Turbo = Harder/more involved install, normally a bit more money to do right, need a boost controller, could need c02 for a more complex system (boost by mph and making BIG power) don't need special crankshaft to make big power with turbos, lots of tuning required the more power u make, brake boost could be a PITA for roll racing impatient people/brake boost is required for roll racing, normally lower IATs (when I made 1260whp through a 6R80 my IATs were NEVER an issue), easier to make BIG power with if u ask me, turbo has an insane pull once ur in the correct rpm range, adjustable boost levels and u can setup for 15" drag pack and 20" street tires if that's ur desire all at the push of a button with the correct boost controller and C02 system,

I've never had a KB, just turbos single and twins and normally they are a bit more of a PITA at times to get to work correctly. My friend with the KB 4.0 has had his blower on his Shelby for almost 2yrs now I think and not a lick of trouble (other than belts breaking every now and again), no boost controller issues, no vacuum&c02 lines melting, just easy simple power and instant power no waiting! He normally GAPs the HELL out of turbo cars... seen a 86/85 turbo coyote get raped by that KB 4.0, them suckers just work dude and pretty reliable.

Wyldeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 OW Premium
Status
Not open for further replies.