Sponsored

Boost gauge install question

godaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got my boost gauge wired up tonight and installed my tie in to the manifold and capped it off until tomorrow.

Where are people running the boost tube through the firewall? Looking for best/easiest location with a pic or two if possible. Did a search and didn't come up with information.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Got my boost gauge wired up tonight and installed my tie in to the manifold and capped it off until tomorrow.

Where are people running the boost tube through the firewall? Looking for best/easiest location with a pic or two if possible. Did a search and didn't come up with information.

Thanks in advance.
from under the Hood I sharpened the end of a metal hanger and poked It through the sound tube grommet. Once I was in the driver side floor board I taped my Vacuum/boost line to the hanger and pulled it through. Very easy and clean. I can send a pic later on today.

OP
OP

godaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Saw the grommet...did you have to pull the gas pedal off? I was trying to go through the wire loom location and got a little aggravated. It kept getting hung up....everything other car it's where I would go through. When I noticed the grommet I could not seem to find same part on the inside bc off all the sound dampening material. I had a hanger all ready to go so will go play this morning.

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Didn't have to remove anything pushed through the gromet. When I was through, I lightly moved it around until I felt it push through. Good luck

OP
OP

godaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok finally got to play around with it. Poked a coat hanger through and couldn't figure out where it was hitting. Had someone else poke around while I was watching from the inside....couldn't see it. Took off the gas pedal which was only 3 10mm bolts and voila. Hanger and grommet directly behind the gas pedal. Everything else was smooth sailing. Tapped onto the manifold and ran my lines. I have the boost gauge on a rag right now. My gauge pod for the dash should be here tomorrow to finish it all up.

Sponsored

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Would you mind taking a photo of where you connected on the manifold? Currently i am tapped into my BOV line. Would much rather be on the manifold.

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am just curious if any of you have pictures of where you are mounting your gauges? Just trying to get some ideas of where to put some. I currently have my nGauge in the center AC vent.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
looks clean

OP
OP

godaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will take a picture tomorrow of the tap location. I have a Roush blower so there was a perfect location on the pass side manifold.

The gauge mount will be here tomorrow and I will take a picture of that as well. Decided to put it on the dash driver side. It's the Roush boost gauge and decided to wire it in all blue. My only regret with getting a base model is not having my color so everything is blue but oh well.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
How did you get the boost line and wires into the vent form the inside?
With the trim removed, I fished a coat hanger from the vent down to the floor board. Pulled my vacuum line up, secur d with zip ties all the way up as I hate extra noises(snug but not tight so as not to collapse the line),ran the power wires through the dash to the fuse panel on the passenger side and used an add a fuse set up.(origanaly I ran to headlight switch but didn't work out). Drilled a small hole in the bottom of the guage bracket and soldered it all together. All in all with the trial and error wiring and making the guage pod from the 05-10 mustang fit and look legit, I spent more time on this than the install of the actual supercharger.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
With the trim removed, I fished a coat hanger from the vent down to the floor board. Pulled my vacuum line up, secur d with zip ties all the way up as I hate extra noises(snug but not tight so as not to collapse the line),ran the power wires through the dash to the fuse panel on the passenger side and used an add a fuse set up.(origanaly I ran to headlight switch but didn't work out). Drilled a small hole in the bottom of the guage bracket and soldered it all together. All in all with the trial and error wiring and making the guage pod from the 05-10 mustang fit and look legit, I spent more time on this than the install of the actual supercharger.
Am I missing something, or is the the vent a closed in duct for the ac/heat right. So where is the hole in that duct work to fish a line in there. You said you fished a coat hanger form the vent down to the floor board? Was there a hole that the duct work opens down there or did you cut into it?

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
The vents come off with the silver trim. Once off I removed the vent, re using the chrome bezel.the guage pod goes into the bezel . After you run all your lines you run them through the trim piece and reinstall the silver trim. From there only the guage pod needed to be installed, soldered it up and slid it into place. The guage pod slides in to the ducting behind the dash. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the guage pod so I didn't alter the duct work. I used the hanger to route both the wires and the vacuum tube. When the silver trim is off there are gaps in the dash that allow you to get through. Some modifications were necessary as the pod was used from an 05-10 mustang. I am sure someday a company will offer us S550 owners a solution, but I was tired of waiting. Sorry I have no pics but here is a link that helped me

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33321

jus10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I will take a picture tomorrow of the tap location. I have a Roush blower so there was a perfect location on the pass side manifold.

The gauge mount will be here tomorrow and I will take a picture of that as well. Decided to put it on the dash driver side. It's the Roush boost gauge and decided to wire it in all blue. My only regret with getting a base model is not having my color so everything is blue but oh well.
Where did you tee-off the gauge tubing to read the boost? I have a roush blower as well and can't find a straight answer as to where to hook it up.
Sponsored