Sponsored

Boost Controllers....discuss

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Ok everybody looking for some experience guided opinions on electronic boost controllers. This is going on a single turbo 2018 s550, a10 car with dual wastegates that will spend most of its time on the street with some 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile events.

I like the idea of boost by gear or rpm to help control traction where necessary
- ams2000
- cortex ebc
Both of these two seem pretty robust with the ams having multiple strategies and some additional features but those come with a cost.

more basic units like
- boost leash
- go fast bits g force3
- turbo smart eboost2

What are some of the pro’s/con’s/opinions of those that have used any of these boost controllers?
Sponsored

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Surely someone has used on of these and liked it disliked it?

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I have a GFB and it does the job. I use the scramble function. It’s basic as far as controllers go but it stores I think 6 setting a plus the scramble. Install is clean and has plenty of colors on the display to match the interior lighting.

I picked up an AMS pro 2000 because eventually I will want to run this on the edge of traction and maximize the performance and this is the hot ticket but it’s also very user dependent and looks like it has a much higher learning curve. Eventually I’ll get around to it but the GFB is fun and functional enough there’s no pressing need
2019 A10 Hellion sleeper making 950-1000

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I have a GFB and it does the job. I use the scramble function. It’s basic as far as controllers go but it stores I think 6 setting a plus the scramble. Install is clean and has plenty of colors on the display to match the interior lighting.

I picked up an AMS pro 2000 because eventually I will want to run this on the edge of traction and maximize the performance and this is the hot ticket but it’s also very user dependent and looks like it has a much higher learning curve. Eventually I’ll get around to it but the GFB is fun and functional enough there’s no pressing need
2019 A10 Hellion sleeper making 950-1000
thank you for the input!

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Cortex and love it. Car is manual. The cortex can do 8 gears, so boost by gear would probably be bottom 8 gears with 8,9 and 10 the same duty cycle.

Or you could ask them to create a beta version software for each of 10 gears, their customer support is great.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
+1 for cortex. You can ramp duty cycle for traction purposes (a well set up ramp will always be better than scramble). It also has closed loop to hold whatever your desired boost is. It will basically do what an AMS does but for 1/5 of the cost lol

I have different profiles for different road surfaces. I used to have a GFB and while it was nice for the price as well, nothing beats the Cortex that really isn't that much more expensive.

Edit: like Rob said, you won't be able to configure gears 9 and 10, but I'm pretty sure you don't race in those gears anyways so you should be fine.

Last edited:

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Are you guys running single solenoid setups or two solenoids?

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Are you guys running single solenoid setups or two solenoids?
Most guys will be running single solenoid setups, but I've seen a good mixture of people using 3 port vs 4 port. I personally use 4 port.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Ok everybody looking for some experience guided opinions on electronic boost controllers. This is going on a single turbo 2018 s550, a10 car with dual wastegates that will spend most of its time on the street with some 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile events.

I like the idea of boost by gear or rpm to help control traction where necessary
- ams2000
- cortex ebc
Both of these two seem pretty robust with the ams having multiple strategies and some additional features but those come with a cost.

more basic units like
- boost leash
- go fast bits g force3
- turbo smart eboost2

What are some of the pro’s/con’s/opinions of those that have used any of these boost controllers?
All of those are great choices but just come down to price point, brand preference, and availability. I personally would choose the Turbosmart eBoost unit. Give us a call at 561.753.8105 to discuss which one would be best for your application and we can offer you the best price.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
how's the cortex install compared to the gfb?
Virtually the same. The cortex has more inputs though for other signals that you can configure, if you end up using them.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I use the eboost2 in mine. Can have 6 different settings as well