capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
https://ibb.co/D84fP9J

I am looking to replace the back two bolts i believe they are 10M X 1.50 i accidentally stripped the bolts. I am trying to figure out how i replace it and where i would find the replacement bolt.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Pretty common on those, unfortunately. The easiest way is to drill them out (cut the top off first obviously) and just find whatever bolt/locknut combo you want that fits the hole. Those studs are welded to the bottom of the strut tower plate, so once you drill them out you just pop your new bolt up through the wheel well. I think I read a thread on here where some guy just hammered the studs out entirely from the top. Seems kinda violent to me but it would probably also work.

I think the Ford torque spec is wrong, I've always used 35 ft/lbs and its been good.

Risto2G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2, Recaro, B&O K7 GSXR750
I went through this recently. I had actually sheared the stud. Personally, I used a punch and hand sledge to hammer it out. It's held by three welds.

20200915_231531.jpg

Bought a bolt from a hardware store (40mm or 50mm length) and had a friend weld it on. You don't have to weld it on but if you ever have to remove the nut, it will be a pain if you let the bolt drop through.
Sponsored