Sponsored

BMR SP080 – Excessive Rake?

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hey Y'all,

I just put the BMR SP080 springs on my performance pack GT. I also put on 25mm spacers on all four corners.

Is it me or does the front look a lot lower than the rear? I am pretty much tucking tire in the front while there is a pretty big gap in the rear.

I specifically purchased these because of reviews here on the forum where it appears a lot of others have had different results??

Link to imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/hmSq3

BDBldrM.jpg

lmwDvsU.jpg

KGdeViL.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
pic's are broken...

Did you just get them installed?

Did you reclock the bushings?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Y'all,

I just put the BMR SP080 springs on my performance pack GT. I also put on 25mm spacers on all four corners.

Is it me or does the front look a lot lower than the rear? I am pretty much tucking tire in the front while there is a pretty big gap in the rear.

I specifically purchased these because of reviews here on the forum where it appears a lot of others have had different results??

BDBldrM.jpg

lmwDvsU.jpg

KGdeViL.jpg
Well, it drops the front ~0.7" more than the rear, so...yes? Looks about right. The spacers accentuate it because of how close they are. This is why some get the SP089 fronts with the SP082 rears (what you have) as it's a much more "even" rake, IMO.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you loosen and retorque all the rear suspension pickup bushings? if you didnt, the preload in the bushings will "lift" the car. the rear has many more bushings, and the effect is much more pronounced in the rear.

OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
did you loosen and retorque all the rear suspension pickup bushings? if you didnt, the preload in the bushings will "lift" the car. the rear has many more bushings, and the effect is much more pronounced in the rear.
Not a bad idea. I should try this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Will rhino ramps on the just the rear work for this? I don't have a real good way to lift the car while also having all four wheels loaded, but I can back her up onto rhino ramps and crawl under.

Also... I just paid an arm and a leg for a decent alignment ... will I need a new one?

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
I chose the sp080's because the lesser rear drop would hopefully hide the rear poke from the wheel spacers.
Getting my sp080 installed today with 23/25mm spacers will post my results

Last edited:

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Are you referring to "clocking" the bushings that everyone says is best done on a drive-on lift?

Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I just finished putting mine on at 2am this morning. I'll take some pics to compare. I haven't clocked any bushings yet. I planned on waiting to ask the alignment shop to do it before they align it.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah, its best done with the car on a rack, or on four ramps, but you can do the front, then the back seperately. The back is much more critical that the front.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My SP080s seem a little more even front-to-rear, but I seem to recall thinking the same thing when they were first installed, so maybe just a little mileage and settling and you'll be more evened out.

I chose the sp080's because the lesser rear drop would hopefully hide the rear poke from the wheel spacers.
Getting my sp080 installed today with 23/25mm spacers will post my results

FWIW, I'm running the exact same spacer setup, and on PP wheels, factory spec alignment (dialed in really tight) there's almost zero "poke". Looks pretty fantastic!

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats why I asked if you had just installed them, as they may need to settle for a few days, but I suspect its the bushings.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angela and Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16 GTPP Premium Magnetic(Hers), 65 289 Coupe(His)
FWIW, I'm running the exact same spacer setup, and on PP wheels, factory spec alignment (dialed in really tight) there's almost zero "poke". Looks pretty fantastic!
MaskedRacerX,

Were you able to achieve the factory spec alignment without aftermarket CC plates? That's what it sounds like. I'm thinking of this same setup for my wife's GTPP.

Thanks
Sponsored