BMR SP080 Springs and Questions

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2016 Mustang GT Premium NON Performance Pack owner here.

I finally have my new Project 6GR 20x10, 285/35/20 squared setup mounted. I am now in the market for lowering springs and have decided on the BMR SP080 Performance Springs.

Is there anything I need to purchase in addition to the springs to make this work? I have seen suggestions of new dampers, while on the other hand have seen that the stock dampers are enough. Do I need the front camber bolts for proper alignment?

To further clarify, this is my daily driver and I will never race this vehicle or track it. Just occasional stoplight to stoplight, and cornering around roads. Ready to purchase at this time. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
2016 Mustang GT Premium NON Performance Pack owner here.

I finally have my new Project 6GR 20x10, 285/35/20 squared setup mounted. I am now in the market for lowering springs and have decided on the BMR SP080 Performance Springs.

Is there anything I need to purchase in addition to the springs to make this work? I have seen suggestions of new dampers, while on the other hand have seen that the stock dampers are enough. Do I need the front camber bolts for proper alignment?

To further clarify, this is my daily driver and I will never race this vehicle or track it. Just occasional stoplight to stoplight, and cornering around roads. Ready to purchase at this time. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Acquire the springs, install and follow the provided instructions, and ENJOY!

You will love them :cheers:

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I would definitely recommend getting an alignment after lowering the vehicle. Lowering the front by 1.2 inches will most likely toe it in. If you do go for an alignment, I'd love to see the print out. I'm very curious as to the geometry changes with these springs.

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Got any pictures of your new set up ?
Would love to see the 20x10 235/35 square on the SP080s

Sponsored

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got the SP080 installed a couple months back on my non-PP car. I'm thinking of getting new shocks/struts because the ride is a bit bumpier than before. Which ones should I get? The only other suspension mod I have is the cradle bushing lockout kit. Should I add anything else?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I got the SP080 installed a couple months back on my non-PP car. I'm thinking of getting new shocks/struts because the ride is a bit bumpier than before. Which ones should I get? The only other suspension mod I have is the cradle bushing lockout kit. Should I add anything else?
PP shocks and struts!

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], do we need to get camber bolts for a proper alignment after installing the springs? I have a base GT. Also, hate to derail but do the Jacking rails give up clearance? I have speed bumps around my neighborhood and my garage entry is a bit of a curb.

Thank you!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
if you go aftermarket springs unless you buy some pp take offs i wouldnt spend the money just to go from base shocks to pp shocks. id probably go at least frpp shocks. heard good things about both steeda adjustables and fixed as well.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Get the camber bolts and install at the same time. I didn't put them in.Had them. But, read they shouldn't be needed. So when I had the alignment checked it was out of specs. Went home and installed them. Wasn't hard to install. Just hate doing something twice. Put them in while doing the struts. :cheers:
Sponsored