Bmr bk051

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Installed the poly bushings for the diff lockout. This kit is supposed to be the least amount of nvh out of all the kits. I also have the upr billet subframe lockout but when I installed the bmr kit nvh was substantially louder and had a whine coming from the rearend? Has anyone else had this issue I followed instructions and tq everything to spec Curious if this has happened to anyone else. Of course some nvh is expected but this was such a increase that it’s unacceptable
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just a guess on my part, but makes sense. Have never heard anything but great about the 005 kit. And the diff bushings mod, regardless of advertised nvh, are among the worst, if not the worst mods for nvh. Since you did that first, you tied that diff to the subframe. Then the 005 kit tied all that action to the frame where it’s now transferred it to you. My guess is your symptoms are correct and normal for these mods. From the homework I’ve done (which is quite a bit for quite a while, as I’ve been researching suspension mods), I’d ditch that diff bushing kit and keep the 005.

OP
OP
Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My apologies the bushing kit is bk051. So your saying I should take the upr subframe lockout out and instead just use the bmr bk051 polymer diff lockout bushings?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
In that scenario (with your edit), I have no suggestion. I just know I plan on steering clear of any diff bushing mods based on the overwhelming results. I most certainly would not remove the 005 (or any subframe enhancement) in favor of diff bushing/mods.
Sponsored