Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ooooo, new shoes! Looking forward to seeing them! :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't you want a quieter setup?
Doing all the research/watching videos/forum descriptions of what the 11386 X resonator is like, it'll be perhaps just a wee bit louder compared to the stock resonator, and no louder at part throttle. The tonal benefits will be worth it even if it's a little louder at WOT.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Doing all the research/watching videos/forum descriptions of what the 11386 X resonator is like, it'll be perhaps just a wee bit louder compared to the stock resonator, and no louder at part throttle. The tonal benefits will be worth it even if it's a little louder at WOT.
My family's consensus is my H-pipe with Corsa touring AB is that it is just a touch on the loud side. Cold start and initial take off are apparently very audible inside the house. I guess I need to be friendly with the neighbors.

I will say it's a deep rumble a.k.a awesome!

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My family's consensus is my H-pipe with Corsa touring AB is that it is just a touch on the loud side. Cold start and initial take off are apparently very audible inside the house. I guess I need to be friendly with the neighbors.

I will say it's a deep rumble a.k.a awesome!
Yeah you can hear mine from inside at cold start but it's not enough to wake up anyone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Magnaflow 11386 dual in/out Tru-X muffler in place of the stock resonator with my Corsa Sport axleback. I love it! Volume is very similar, if not the same, but the tone is much better. The blatty/farty sounds the resonator would make at WOT or higher throttle levels is gone. It sounds a lot like a Corsa Xtreme but without the obnoxious volume. Videos to come soon!

Also installed Steeda's billet rear shock mounts. These are on the must-have list! The car is noticeably more compliant and composed. It takes away all the unwanted body motions and oscillations that were still present after the suspension install. The ride is now firm but without harshness.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Updates! Adding quite a few big things in the next week or so.

SVE Drift 19x9.5 Dark Stainless Wheels
Resonated X-pipe (remove stock resonator)
Steeda Billet rear shock mounts

I will have pics with the wheels and driving impressions with the mounts and resonated X-pipe soon :D

Here's an recent good pic of the car too :cool:
Been meaning to ask, where'd you find the Dark Stainless Drifts? I had considered the SVE DS Drifts only to find (sometime last year) that LMR had stopped carrying just the wheels or SVE stopped making them?

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Been meaning to ask, where'd you find the Dark Stainless Drifts? I had considered the SVE DS Drifts only to find (sometime last year) that LMR had stopped carrying just the wheels or SVE stopped making them?
A local guy from this forum was selling them. I actually found his ad on Craigslist and then got in touch and connected the dots. I got an incredibly good deal. You're right they don't make them and I feel very lucky on this one. They're going on tomorrow! :D

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A great value and good looking wheel, I'm surprised they stopped offering them and I probably would have gotten those if they hadn't been discontinued.

I must say though I'm happy as hell with the Graphite 6GR's I bought, I didn't realize before purchase that the finish would match-up so well with the color of the side skirts/front splitter.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
New wheels and tires on! I love how they look. Much more aggressive stance and the car is so responsive!

:love::love::love::love:
IMG_20170318_153527129_2.jpg
28962.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sound clip of the new exhaust. I drove the same route as my other videos for a good direct comparison, and used the same microphone & GoPro.

[ame]

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can hear the tone difference the x design provides and the blatty sound (as you mentioned) of the stock res is now gone. No rasp heard on this vid, I like it!

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can hear the tone difference the x design provides and the blatty sound (as you mentioned) of the stock res is now gone. No rasp heard on this vid, I like it!
So when are you ordering your 11386? :p