BLACK S550 MUSTANG Thread

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)

Black Beauty! Making me impatient for mine....! Black, CO & GB the top three colors IMHO..... But for me Black is King! And yours is another King...:eyebulge:
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Just got back from a trip to my home town, Whyalla which is 420km from Adelaide. Here are a few pics.

IMG_20170102_203326.jpg

IMG_20170102_203405.jpg

IMG_20170102_203458.jpg

IMG_20170102_203559.jpg

IMG_20170102_204523.jpg

IMG_20170102_204548.jpg

IMG_20170102_204617.jpg

IMG_20170102_204641.jpg

IMG_20170102_203614.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Chris you don't have to be an experienced photographer as much these days when it comes to the actual camera capabilities as most cameras are armed with advanced auto functions. You will have a ball with yours as you have great backdrop locations around your area.

Just a few tips for what its worth;

Shoot early morning or late afternoon unless overcoast.
Avoid shooting into the sun unless its intended otherwise.
Meter on the highlights if using the cameras auto mode (set camera to centre point focus and focus on a Bright area rather than the shadowed areas) to avoid exposure blow outs (you can bring shadows up in edit).
Shoot from down low (on your knees) or from up high above your head while standing further back.
Capture the sorrounds but frame the whole scene to tell a story.
Study the whole picture through the viewfinder or screen before shooting.
Shoot every photo like it just cost you $100 and not like you know you can just delete if it looks crap.

Mate you can really get amazing results with just about any camera if you apply some general basic principles. Its fun, adictive and look at what Les is capturing...mind blowing images.....but yes experience is a huge benefit and no doubt Les is experienced, but experience is not the limiting factor to having fun and exploring the relms of creativity!

I look forward to our exchanging of images when our beauties land home soon. :headbang:
Thanks for the tips Allan. The metering and shooting high from a distance are particularly food for thought. I can see I will need to study some of the better photos more closely.

I used to have an SLR in the good old analogue days. Digital is so relatively easy, for the most part. But I find getting depth of field is tough. Remembering how to navigate through a multiply buttons and menus without the user manual is a pain, and if successful, the results don't seem worth the effort.

I mostly use my phone camera these days, but I will have to dust off my semi-proper digital still/video camera and dig out the tripod.

Thanks for your encouragement :)

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Black Beauty! Making me impatient for mine....! Black, CO & GB the top three colors IMHO..... But for me Black is King! And yours is another King...:eyebulge:
Black with Grabber blue strips looks stunning (I have just noted the camera height below!). Trouble is that black rarely looks clean.

Still regret ordering a couple of week too late to get CO. It seems like I should love GB when I finally see it though. It is certainly added to the anticipation!

grabber-blue-stripes-on-2015-ford-mustang-gt-fastback-are-a-must-have-photo-gallery_3.jpg

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
grabber blue is awesome dude.
best colour mustang u can get..i couldn't find one for sale so had to pick second best for me..

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
grabber blue is awesome dude.
best colour mustang u can get..i couldn't find one for sale so had to pick second best for me..
Thanks. BTW, great member name you have; I didn't work it out at first :)

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Black with Grabber blue strips looks stunning (I have just noted the camera height below!). Trouble is that black rarely looks clean.

Still regret ordering a couple of week too late to get CO. It seems like I should love GB when I finally see it though. It is certainly added to the anticipation!

grabber-blue-stripes-on-2015-ford-mustang-gt-fastback-are-a-must-have-photo-gallery_3.jpg
That looks amazing! Wow, really striking combination. GB is definitely a great colour and looks amazing with black trim.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I posted in here, but here is how she looks lately :headbang:

31032948094_5adbf4f140_h.jpg

32025894016_4668610145_h.jpg

31849119615_850c316616_h.jpg

Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
CasperGT said:
Les these photos are amazing! I have been a photographer for too many years now and I really appreciate your photos, they tell stories in silence and the car is always the true hero!

You have inspired me to look for these types of shooting locations for when my Black Beauty arrives!

Thank you so much for sharing :cheers: I wait with anticipation for your next posting!

PS. Do you have a flickr account with your car photos? If so, could you send me the link?

Cheers
Allan
Allan - I do not have a flickr account. I need to look into something better than photobucket that I am currently using. I will check it out.

2016 ended on a bad note for the car. A good friend of mine backed into it in their driveway. It needs a new front bumper cover and APR splitter. I guess the bright side is, it happened during the winter when the car sits in the garage mostly. Now I need to decide to either redo the same front-end look or change it up a bit.

This was taken on the same day the car was hit.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Allan - I do not have a flickr account. I need to look into something better than photobucket that I am currently using. I will check it out.

2016 ended on a bad note for the car. A good friend of mine backed into it in their driveway. It needs a new front bumper cover and APR splitter. I guess the bright side is, it happened during the winter when the car sits in the garage mostly. Now I need to decide to either redo the same front-end look or change it up a bit.

Wholy Toledo Les, that is absolutely the most amazing Stang ever! How hard it will be to better that look!

Hope we see many more pics ahead after your repairs and winter has bid you all farewell.

Cheers
Allan

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Thanks bad luck with the damage. Hopefully my GB Stang will be bright enough for people to notice it is there!

I hope we see more of you fine photography after the car is repaired.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Car and photos look killer Mike!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored