Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
Does anybody know of any black rear view mirror covers? I don't want to go with carbon fiber.
Sponsored

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
The factory mirror covers come in gloss black primer. I had them on my car for a year before I went to CF and they looked great. I ordered them with the intention of having them painted, but they looked so good I just left them as-is, thinking I would paint them later if necessary. I waxed them just as the rest of the car and you would never know the difference.

I got mine from Levittown...

FR3Z-17D743-BAPTM MIRROR COVER, LEFT W/BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D742-BAPTM MIRROR COVER, RIGHT W/BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D742-AAPTM MIRROR COVER, RIGHT W/O BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D743-AAPTM MIRROR COVER, LEFT W/O BLIND SPOT
IMG_7645.jpg
IMG_7662.jpg

OP
OP
flying dutchman

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
The factory mirror covers come in gloss black primer. I had them on my car for a year before I went to CF and they looked great. I ordered them with the intention of having them painted, but they looked so good I just left them as-is, thinking I would paint them later if necessary. I waxed them just as the rest of the car and you would never know the difference.

Cool. Thanks for the info! Are they pretty easy to remove and install?

OP
OP
flying dutchman

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)

Your cars looks awesome, by the way!

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. Thanks for the info! Are they pretty easy to remove and install?
No prob. Very easy to install. Use a plastic trim tool (preferred) or a wrapped screwdriver to get under the top edge and then just pop them off. The new ones go back on the same way. There's a thread on here somewhere that shows the process.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
OMG YOU ARE AMAZING. I have been wondering if the "black" they come in is "paint-looking" and confirmed. I may or may not have scratched one of mine recently....................................................... fkn parking garages.

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
I may just have to pull the trigger on these. $100 all in isn't bad at all. Im sure Levittown will have a discount code for us also:cheers:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

I see you have the GT350 Track Pack spoiler, do the mirror covers you listed come painted the same black as the spoiler? Or will I need to have them painted to match?

Sponsored

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you have the GT350 Track Pack spoiler, do the mirror covers you listed come painted the same black as the spoiler? Or will I need to have them painted to match?
The factory track pack spoiler is painted Ford 'Absolute Black' and clearcoated, while the mirrors are gloss black primer. So if you were to hold them side by side it wouldn't be an exact match, as the spoiler has more depth to it from the clearcoat. I never felt like there was enough difference to get them painted and I'm pretty particular with my car. Because of the location, you never really look at the spoiler and mirrors together enough to notice. And it certainly doesn't look like you're driving around with primered mirrors. If I hadn't gotten a really good deal on CF caps I would still be running them as they were. Question is...how will the finish hold up long term? A year in and mine still looked good.
2IMG_7668.jpg

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^^

This should answer your questions as well. If your car is black the match might be more of a concern, although it might be a nice subtle contrast.

Sorry that you may...or may not have scratched yours. Parking lots/garages all suck.

OMG YOU ARE AMAZING. I have been wondering if the "black" they come in is "paint-looking" and confirmed. I may or may not have scratched one of mine recently....................................................... fkn parking garages.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
The factory track pack spoiler is painted Ford 'Absolute Black' and clearcoated, while the mirrors are gloss black primer. So if you were to hold them side by side it wouldn't be an exact match, as the spoiler has more depth to it from the clearcoat. I never felt like there was enough difference to get them painted and I'm pretty particular with my car. Because of the location, you never really look at the spoiler and mirrors together enough to notice. And it certainly doesn't look like you're driving around with primered mirrors. If I hadn't gotten a really good deal on CF caps I would still be running them as they were. Question is...how will the finish hold up long term? A year in and mine still looked good.
Thanks! My car is OW and I already have the Track Pack spoiler and 2016 OEM black heat extractors. Looking to "complete" the look. I'm thinking just put a few coats of clear on them and have them PPF'd.
Sponsored