2017GrabberBlueSC

Christian
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP in Grabber Blue w/Roush phase 2
They discount the kit if you buy the trans and rear fluids together.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased the BG Syncro II fluid for my new 2017 Vert. Waiting to install it with the steeda base bushing bracket on the stock shifter assembly. Really looking forward to the results. I had a Barton Hybrid on my 2016 coupe but just never felt comfortable with it. (did not do the fluid swap on the coupe) 1st to second would catch if I pulled too hard. I did adjust the side calibration, but never did get around to removing one set of the springs. I guess I just never felt comfortable with the shorter throw and the stiffness of the gate..always had to think about my shifts at times. Will see how this works before making wholesale changes on the shifter.... I am applying what I learned from my coupe and taking things slow this time.
With my MGW+BG fluid+cylindrical knob it's more effortless than stock. So crisp. I'd never put that stock shifter back in, no matter what bushing.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With my MGW+BG fluid+cylindrical knob it's more effortless than stock. So crisp. I'd never put that stock shifter back in, no matter what bushing.
What shift knob do you have? Picture?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brian!.... I was considering the GT350 shift knob or the weighted shift knob from Raceseng
I like those kinds of shapes better than the round knobs I've tried. It feels better to shift to me, particularly the 1-2.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like those kinds of shapes better than the round knobs I've tried. It feels better to shift to me, particularly the 1-2.
I agree... was never comfortable with the round stock knob.. it was at the top of my mod list over the winter for my coupe and now will be getting one for the vert as soon as these other mods are completed.. Just needs to stop snowing!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree... was never comfortable with the round stock knob.. it was at the top of my mod list over the winter for my coupe and now will be getting one for the vert as soon as these other mods are completed.. Just needs to stop snowing!!!
I think you'd be surprised how good the mgw with this fluid feels.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing I’d need to contact George to get this? That may be my favorite yet. I do like the 350 knob for it’s shape, but i may hafta try this one
Just call MGW and they'll get one to your specs. Any topper you like (logo, shift pattern, color). I really like it a lot. Not expensive either! I think it was $63 shipped.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'd be surprised how good the mgw with this fluid feels.
Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about the MGW. My hesitation with these shifters is how much of a bear the install is and the cost to install. I don't have the equipment to do it myself. The performance shop I took my coupe to last year underestimated their time to put it in and then came to me after the fact asking for more money.. I said No. Then when I got the car back there was a lot of NVH.. took it back in and turns out the mechanic installed both the body bracket AND the trans mount bracket to the trans! :doh:......the lead guy was pretty upset. He fixed it without any additional charge (body mount only), but I'm never going to go back there again....So you pay $500 for the shifter and then another $400 minimum for the install I'm looking at 1k for a shifter which in the case of the barton I did not like. So I am a bit leery of doing too much at this point. The steeda bracket was $70.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about the MGW. My hesitation with these shifters is how much of a bear the install is and the cost to install. I don't have the equipment to do it myself. The performance shop I took my coupe to last year underestimated their time to put it in and then came to me after the fact asking for more money.. I said No. Then when I got the car back there was a lot of NVH.. took it back in and turns out the mechanic installed both the body bracket AND the trans mount bracket to the trans! :doh:......the lead guy was pretty upset. He fixed it without any additional charge (body mount only), but I'm never going to go back there again....So you pay $500 for the shifter and then another $400 minimum for the install I'm looking at 1k for a shifter which in the case of the barton I did not like. So I am a bit leery of doing too much at this point. The steeda bracket was $70.
Wow...

Some of us like getting paid in beer, food and conversation. I completely understand your hesitation about the whole thing though.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I switched to Amsoil in both trans and diff (from BG in trans) and the NVH and overall operation is worse with Amsoil.

I'll run it this year, but next spring I'm going back to BG without a doubt. I'll just stick with the OPMustang bundle. Live and learn.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
How hard is it to change the diff fluid? Also, I assume it doesn’t hurt that there will still be residual left in both tranny and differential when doing the change?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to change the diff fluid? Also, I assume it doesn’t hurt that there will still be residual left in both tranny and differential when doing the change?
Barely any more difficult than changing oil. The drain plug is at the bottom so very little residual fluid will be left.
Sponsored