Sponsored

BEWARE

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Hello everyone,

I went to Krazy House Customs in Monmouth Junction, NJ about 1.5 months ago to get a dyno tune for my 5.0.

I arrived there with the vehicle, they told me they will do it sometime during the day and i can pick it up at the end of the day. I was fine with that. I left and then came back to get my car. When i got back, before paying, i asked for the dyno sheet to see the results, they told me they do not have it because someone left with the USB stick with files on it but they will email it to me the following day. Seemed odd but i decided to trust them.

Next day comes, nothing in my email. I contact them and ask whats going on, they proceed to tell me that actually the dyno computer broke and they lost all of the dyno files that they have so they cannot provide me the dyno sheet. Keep in mind that the previous day they said the USB drive was missing. Immediately i was suspicious. They said they are getting an IT guy to come get the computer and get it fixed. At this point i thought they just uploaded a generic tune file to my car and it was never on the dyno. I contacted the tuner himself and he told me there was a custom tune done on the car. But who knows.

About a week went by and i had to constantly keep contacting them to get any updates or answers, they have never reached out to me. Eventually they tell me the computer was fixed but the files were not recovered so i have to come back for a dyno run to get the results. This shop is about 1.5 hours from my house. After some back and forth they agreed to give me back $50 for my troubles of having to come back. We agreed on a date and i was going to go.

Right before i had to come in, my car threw a misfire code so i had to take it to the dealer and get it fixed via warranty. I told the dyno shop what had happened and i said i will reach back out once i have my car back.

About 2 weeks pass by and i have my car back. I reach out to them in regards to coming in for a dyno run and i received no reply. I emailed them and nothing. They just completely ignored me. At this point i will never go back there and i wanted to let others know that this shop is suspicious and they do business in a very poor manner. Incredibly unprofessional, refused to take blame at first and were lying to me. I just wish i did not pay them until after i got my results. Oh well, lesson learned.

I have proof of all of this via email. If anyone is interested to see it, please PM me and i will gladly share the entire conversation so that you don't go there either.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Incredibly typical. I’ve dealt with performance shops in New Jersey for years. Rarely a good experience.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Incredibly typical. I’ve dealt with performance shops in New Jersey for years. Rarely a good experience.
You have any good recommendation around the tri-state area?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have never dealt with them my self but I have heard good things about Mustang Magic

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You have any good recommendation around the tri-state area?
Wicked motorsports installed my supercharger. Evolution installed my 18 manifold. Both shops did the job correctly. And in a timely fashion.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I have 7 years of great experience with krazy house. Sounds like a normal interaction that had hiccups. computers crash and shops get busy. they gave you a credit and you had to bail for car issues. I see nothing wrong here, from either end, except the OP posting that it was a bad experience

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
I have 7 years of great experience with krazy house. Sounds like a normal interaction that had hiccups. computers crash and shops get busy. they gave you a credit and you had to bail for car issues. I see nothing wrong here, from either end, except the OP posting that it was a bad experience
I'm glad to hear your experience was good. But it was absolutely not normal nor was it professional. I have been to many dyno shops with different vehicles and this is the first time I experienced something like this. They did not give me any credit in the end as they completely stopped responding to me. They ignored me and hoped I would go away. I never received the Dyno results. The entire interaction with that shop was horrid. I'm not one to write complaints but this was just ridiculous. If you would like to see my emails with them, please pm me and I will show you everything.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Hey HunterStang.. I think I recommended Krazy House to you sometime back? From your original post it looks like you went after Rob Shoemaker moved to Florida to work for Palm Beach Dyno. He was pretty much the reason I recommended them. Sucks you had a bad experience, and I can only speak for myself but mine were always good. I know the owner, Brandon, did you ever have any interaction with him personally?

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Hey HunterStang.. I think I recommended Krazy House to you sometime back? From your original post it looks like you went after Rob Shoemaker moved to Florida to work for Palm Beach Dyno. He was pretty much the reason I recommended them. Sucks you had a bad experience, and I can only speak for myself but mine were always good. I know the owner, Brandon, did you ever have any interaction with him personally?
It is possible that you did but I am the one who ended up making the choice.

That is correct, i went there after he moved to Florida. I did not know that because when i asked the shop they told me Rob is just there for a little bit to help out and he will be back that is why he had to do a remote dyno tune on my car. I checked with Rob and he does say there was a tune done. But i get a feeling it was not a dyno tune after my interaction with them. I think it was just a custom written file without the dyno. Not sure if i spoke with Brandon or not. I do not remember the names at this point. The conclusion was that they seem to have been lying to me, incredibly awful customer support, ended up ignoring me in the end (they should want to reach out to me since their "dyno" broke and i had to re-do it), and other issues. Nothing positive at all. Even while i was at the shop they were unprofessional and did not seem to care much.
Sponsored