15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I'm..... not sure what I'm looking at here.... What on god's green acre happened here?

I can only assume you were driving down a country road, at speed, at night time and by the time you saw the gaping hole in the road it was already too late.

I'm not in law enforcement and don't know jack squat about accident-cause determination, however, it looks like it's been there a few hours; the tire tracks where you tried to lock the brakes have dried out enough that I believe it happened hours beforehand.
This was at 1pm, in the daytime, at 20 mph, alone. New road to me, slight uphill. My last car accident was when I was 19.

Iā€™m 43.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
This was at 1pm, in the daytime, at 20 mph, alone. New road to me, slight uphill. My last car accident was when I was 19.

Iā€™m 43.
As another 40+ year old I hear ya. Mine was 18 years old and Iā€™m 48 now. Iā€™m sorry to hear this man. But you survived with some minor bumps and bruises. Nothing broken and nothing lost other than a mustang. And that can be replaced.

MacHmslf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 f150
I drive my 22 purple gt down 4km of gravel one way, it still looks new underneath. 7100km on it so its seen some gravel haha

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Idk. Iā€™m thinking closer to 30-35mph? During the day, gapping across that distance of a span. Had to have been a little more than 20mph. How did you not see that? Super ouchie.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Idk. Iā€™m thinking closer to 30-35mph? During the day, gapping across that distance of a span. Had to have been a little more than 20mph. How did you not see that? Super ouchie.
Looking in the rearview mirror to see if you lost the police or not. šŸ˜‡ .
Not that I'd know anything about something like that.

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
Dang this sucks big time. Having grown up in rural areas where gravel roads were and still are the norm I feel your pain. In my late teens and early 20's I took my 95 v6 camaro in places where most would only go with trucks, I didn't care. Fields, pastures, creeks and water crossings deep enough the water was at the bottom of the door. It saw 125k very hard miles. I only ever got stuck once high centering the open rear diff, a quick pull of the handbrake and I was able to power out with the other tire on the ground lol.

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I had it towed to my house. I finally got out to loolking at it this morning, and I don't think that it's totaled. Engine compartment is pristine, hood is still good. Needs front bumper/cover/fogs/radiator, rear bumper cover, and I'm sure some other things, but the KBB is like $24k, and I can't see the repairs getting that high.

Sponsored
OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Glad to see you are ok.

I'm still not understanding how, from the driver seat, this could not have been seen and being able to stop the car before "too late"?
I was on a road that I've never been on before, maintained by the county. The seat for my mustang is all the way back and down (I'm 6'5 280lbs). If I had been in a lifted truck, sure, maybe I would have seen it. I was not, I did not.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I had it towed to my house. I finally got out to loolking at it this morning, and I don't think that it's totaled. Engine compartment is pristine, hood is still good. Needs front bumper/cover/fogs/radiator, rear bumper cover, and I'm sure some other things, but the KBB is like $24k, and I can't see the repairs getting that high.
The county going to pay to fix it, or did they tell you to pound sand.

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
The county going to pay to fix it, or did they tell you to pound sand.
We are in a delicate dance. One person says that itā€™s a county road. Another says that itā€™s an ā€œabandoned county roadā€, another says that it is a county road that was bought by a private landowner and gates were illegally installed (1/4 Mile after my washout).

google told me to take that road back to the highway.

should be interesting. I have full coverage, $1k deductible.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My concern would be the front frame rails being tweaked upward. Bumper covers, etc would probably run $5k or less. Frame work could be considerably more.
Also, doesn't insurance start totaling a car at around 70% value?

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
My concern would be the front frame rails being tweaked upward. Bumper covers, etc would probably run $5k or less. Frame work could be considerably more.
Also, doesn't insurance start totaling a car at around 70% value?
I think thatā€™s about right. 70% ish. Also need to check the oil pan/starter/transmission/ shocks and towers, etc and other underbody parts.

I just donā€™t see it costing 20k. I hope that Iā€™m wrong.
Sponsored