Sponsored

best spring choice?

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok so I have what seems to me to be an unusually large front wheel gap on my base GT

I want to get lowering springs to reduce that gap, but I want to get a spring combination that lowers the front a decent amount more than the rear to give it a nice rake.

opinions on best choice?
IMG_1838_preview.jpeg.jpg
IMG_1856_preview.jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd suggest either the BMR SP080 or Steeda ultralite springs with a rear 1/4 or 3/8 inch spacer. Those would get you the rake.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That gap is not unusual. That's what Ford did with all of these Mustangs. It's goofy.

For a street-driven vehicle, I love the look of Steeda Progressives (progressive; perfect drop; great handling, better than stock ride as reported by tons) or Swift Spec R (linear; teeny more rake to the drop, had them and looks great; stiffer front spring which will make the car react faster to inputs but it'll be tad harsher than the Steedas - but not intolerable or anything; rear spring is a wee bit soft for my own preference but good stuff on the street and they perform well by the numbers). BMR Performance (linear) springs have too much rake for my own taste, but with a staggered setup with like a 305 or 315 tire in the back, they have a good look.

A great combo I ran (out of laziness) was the Steeda Ultralite front spring with the Swift rear spring - that actually was a great balance, IMHO. Obviously makes no sense to go buying two sets of springs to do that, I was just mid-transition.

You can also just buy Steeda's front minimal drop springs if you want to lower the front and otherwise like what the rear looks like.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You can also just buy Steeda's front minimal drop springs if you want to lower the front and otherwise like what the rear looks like.
That's a good idea. That spring rate would be low enough to not have to change struts I would think. I saw the minimum drop springs in person and they look great. Perfect for a daily driver.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
BMR min drop front, stock PP rear. Steeda min drop would look about the same.
Stang.jpg

Steeda Tech JohnC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt's and ST's
Wait...Josh?

Long time since SFR

here is our Min drop springs on one of our sales guys car with 20's, they are .5in drop in all 4 corners with a 200front/750 rear linear rate

IMG_0205%20copy.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I am going to vote the ever-so-popular BMR-SP080 Performance Springs.

With a touch over 1.2" Front and about 1/2" rear drop - it gives an amazing stance and gives the exact stance you are looking for.

Right now with the code CS2017 on our site, they are a touch under $180 shipped. You do not need camber bolts, caster camber plates, or any other spacers etc for the installation. Simply trim the bump stops per the instructions, install and enjoy. Of course an alignment check to ensure it is proper, is a good choice.

;)
26027030_10159898863685515_872074636_o.jpg

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
what size tire is that. think you have alot more gap cause your running a skinny sidewall tire they look like 30s.. if this damn site would let me post my pics id show ya my setup. on my 16 and my current 17 stage 1.. i ran cjpp springs on my 16 and my current setup is j&m eng.. hotparts min drop springs.. 1.3 front 1 inch rear

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I have what seems to me to be an unusually large front wheel gap on my base GT

I want to get lowering springs to reduce that gap, but I want to get a spring combination that lowers the front a decent amount more than the rear to give it a nice rake.

opinions on best choice?
Depending on whether or not you are going north or south - we have locations in both Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL - two (2) choices if you are in the area to check out the car!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here's steeda ultralites with a 1/4" rear spring spacer. I really like these paired with proaction shocks. Nice ride and flat handling.

37930928895_f3fd6c3e2c_b.jpg
Perfection :clap2: