Best Service Dept in Jacksonville area

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey yall,

I recently moved from Baton Rouge to Jacksonville. I brought the GT350 with me. Its a 2017 and the 3 year warranty is about to expire, but I plan to extend it. My question is which dealership does the best work on the 350 out here?

My A/C compressor has been making noise since I got the car, and now its making enough noise that I feel the need to get it serviced. The A/C still works as it should but I want to have it taken care of, just trying to figure out who to use.

Thanks!
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Any good tech can work on the car. It's a design that's been around a decade or five. As for extending the warranty, save your money - literally. Put the warranty extension cost in a savings account. If you need it, it'll be there. If you don't need it, it'll STILL be there.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
for real? I bet you most people here have never even heard of Jacksonville North Carolina lol. I had to look it up...
LOL - Jax, NC is next to Camp Lejeune - a large Marine Corps base with multiple satellite facilities.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any good tech can work on the car. It's a design that's been around a decade or five. As for extending the warranty, save your money - literally. Put the warranty extension cost in a savings account. If you need it, it'll be there. If you don't need it, it'll STILL be there.
Sounds like someone attended financial peace university lol. But thats good advice. I saved up money for maintenance/repairs, but the extended warranty seemed appealing. A tech has never touched my car, and hearing the horror stories has left me a bit nervous.

But yeah they should have it figured out by now

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like someone attended financial peace university lol. But thats good advice. I saved up money for maintenance/repairs, but the extended warranty seemed appealing. A tech has never touched my car, and hearing the horror stories has left me a bit nervous.

But yeah they should have it figured out by now
I did listen to Dave Ramsey for a few years :D Pretty much all his philosophy is common sense. When I bought my Mustang, the credit union quoted $2,200 for a basic warranty. I put that in a savings account and I've added a smidge now and again (it's now $2,230 :D).

When/if I get the imaginary "stimulus" check, it'll go into the Mustang warranty, so when they want it back (and make no mistake - they'll want it back), it'll STILL be there.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a great facility in Valdosta, GA - not too far away from you. Let me know if I can help assist!

xK9prinRNnVECNIQ6GIBeSvekTxetqnRtr8gxoTSHMAEiRrEduMDYms6divV2zM8wFccP2qX8p-j3wUzSBdIW4AgNQhvVfZY.jpg

OP
OP

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - Jax, NC is next to Camp Lejeune - a large Marine Corps base with multiple satellite facilities.
Funny thing is I was going to specify Jacksonville, Florida, because I figured someone from some other jacksonville would pop on here lol

Last edited:

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Funny thing is I was going to specify Jacksonville, Florida, but someone from someother jacksonville would pop on here lol
DUVALLLLLLLLL!!! Definitely curious too since I’ll be move there this summer!
Cool! Now that we cleared that up, I'm in Jax, FL. I bought my car at Autonation Ford on the Southside of town. My three experiences with the service department were positive:
1. When I took delivery, one of the rear turn signals wasn't working. The service manager swapped out my tails with a mustang on the lot - so I got a free upgrade to the new style of taillights!
2. I took my car in to patch a leak in the rear tire. They said it was too close to the sidewall, and called all over to find me a tire... no luck... and no charge.
3. Mounting and balancing 4 new tires, plus the alignment, $110. I asked for no wash, and they complied.

Hit me up when you are in town, happy to meet up anytime.
Sponsored