Best Resonator Delete for Active Exhaust

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
No issues for me, and had mine installed a year ago, with many long hot summer cruises since.
Who did your install? Just curious as the only real shop I know right now is Steeda.ca in Hamilton.
Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Agree with the points on the steeda H pipe and tinny sounds. Don't get me wrong, the sound is an improved 'bark' over stock, but in the end I add the FRPP extreme axle backs and couldn't be happier. Goodbye tinny, hello deep mellow bliss

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with the points on the steeda H pipe and tinny sounds. Don't get me wrong, the sound is an improved 'bark' over stock, but in the end I add the FRPP extreme axle backs and couldn't be happier. Goodbye tinny, hello deep mellow bliss
Did you have the active exhaust?

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Who did your install? Just curious as the only real shop I know right now is Steeda.ca in Hamilton.
I had a friend who's family has a garage install it, but honestly, any muffler shop should be able to do it as it's not difficult at all. Measure, mark, cut existing off with a sawzall, slide the new one on and bolt down. Check out YouTube to get an idea of the process, but again, I'd think any good muffler shop will do it for ya and won't charge an arm and a leg.

Cheers!

John

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Old post...everyone has there own opinions of what sounds good. I have the active exhaust and added the FRPP x-pipe and makes me grin ever time I drive.

Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
No active exhaust
That makes sense. From what I've heard the non-active stock exhaust sounds tinny with a resonator delete but the active sounds good.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
One thing that I would like to add is with a Steeda "H" pipe installed with the factory tuneable exhaust, is the added plus you get as you wind the engine past 3500rpm's. Wow! Love the deep exhaust note down low that then gets an added wail above 3500rpm's... Pure V8 symphony!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That makes sense. From what I've heard the non-active stock exhaust sounds tinny with a resonator delete but the active sounds good.
I found the tinny sounding to be true on either stock muffler. Just was not a fan especially in person (videos actually down play it quite a bit).

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I found the tinny sounding to be true on either stock muffler. Just was not a fan especially in person (videos actually down play it quite a bit).
Obviously sound is subjective and certain aftermarket mufflers probably do yield a better tone than the stock AE. However, I find the non active to be blatantly "tinny" with resonator delete and noticeably different than the AE.

Sponsored

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
None of them sound good with headers which is why I'm going to do a Stainless Bros 3" resonator/muffler in the center and keep my stock active exhaust for my Mach 1.

If no plans for headers, pick your flavor or X or H.
I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers, with the Borla Atak (full 3") and active exhaust... if you like loud and obnoxious consider this or the Corsa xtreme...!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers, with the Borla Atak (full 3") and active exhaust... if you like loud and obnoxious consider this or the Corsa xtreme...!
I will say as someone that had gone long tubes after having Xtremes that the tone becomes super trumpety. The Corsa Sport sounds much better with long tubes where the Xtreme is great when stock. AWE Touring is also a great sounding option with long tubes. My current setup is a hybrid after cutting off the Corsa mufflers and adding the AWE Touring rear section to the double x mated to ARH and is my favorite sounding combo on this build so far.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I will say as someone that had gone long tubes after having Xtremes that the tone becomes super trumpety. The Corsa Sport sounds much better with long tubes where the Xtreme is great when stock. AWE Touring is also a great sounding option with long tubes. My current setup is a hybrid after cutting off the Corsa mufflers and adding the AWE Touring rear section to the double x mated to ARH and is my favorite sounding combo on this build so far.
I agree, the Xtreme are extreme :), but the Borla Atak not so much. Not mention, with a few bolt-on engine mods and a tune, I am 466 at the rear wheel.... about 585 at the fly wheel. My tuner is the $hit.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Totally agree with the trumpety sounds on certain setups. Actually have a friend who runs Borla touring mufflers with catless headers, no res, and procharger. Sounds terrible in my opinion even with the touring mufflers. Might need to add a resonator to clean up the sound more.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree with the trumpety sounds on certain setups. Actually have a friend who runs Borla touring mufflers with catless headers, no res, and procharger. Sounds terrible in my opinion even with the touring mufflers. Might need to add a resonator to clean up the sound more.
Before swapping to the AWE I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s. Those are 3" in and out and 12" long. They cleaned up the trumpety tone nicely but also brought the volume down a bit.
Sponsored