Sponsored

Best Lowering Springs HELP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT convertible
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Want to improve the handling. By reading above are the Steeda Progressive springs best? I also have a family and use the back seats (about 250 lbs of weight most). Let me know your thoughts and thx!
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Want to improve the handling. By reading above are the Steeda Progressive springs best? I also have a family and use the back seats (about 250 lbs of wait most). Let me know your thoughts and thx!
Steeda’s progressive lowering springs for the S550 use a dual-rate spring with two linear rates connected by a rate transition range. What does this mean to our customers? In short, it means the springs are more predictable and easier to tune.

Our progressive springs were designed and tuned for a setup consisting of one to two people at 200 lbs each with a full tank of gas in the car.

These are our best selling spring & our customers have been very happy with the results:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64929

Best Regards,

TJ

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Are the base GT shocks and struts different from the premium?
Sorry, I meant non PP vs PP...and no, base and premium non-PP are the same.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After installing 8 sets of springs on my GT I ended up Re-installing the Swift springs. Should of never taken them off. Best springs out there. Stay away from progressives. The Swifts are linears.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda progressive or dual rate springs and have an outstanding ride quality with great handling characteristics.

The new progressive springs that are developed today are fantastic.

It's a myth that progressive springs are not predictable.

Furthermore, more road racers and Sprint Cup drivers are using dual rate springs.

Lastly, the Shelby GT350R uses a dual rate spring.

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda progressive or dual rate springs and have an outstanding ride quality with great handling characteristics.

The new progressive springs that are developed today are fantastic.

It's a myth that progressive springs are not predictable.

Furthermore, more road racers and Sprint Cup drivers are using dual rate springs.

Lastly, the Shelby GT350R uses a dual rate spring.
More info from Hyperco the number one NASCAR and road race chassis spring supplier in America:

For grand touring and high-performance driving, progressive rate springs offer great ride quality and superior handling due to the roll control offered by the springs.

This is especially true if a reduced ride height is desired. The initial light rate provides a great ride, while the increased secondary rate assures a load carrying capability unavailable if lowering with a linear rate spring is attempted. Most high-performance driving involves a fixed vehicle package with only one or two passengers and very limited extra weight. This is the ideal situation for progressive rate springs.

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After installing 8 sets of springs on my GT I ended up Re-installing the Swift springs. Should of never taken them off. Best springs out there. Stay away from progressives. The Swifts are linears.
Want to sell any of the sets you took off give me a shout. Text call or email, 7724083169. I am in the PHX AZ area. Email/PayPal. [email protected]

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want to sell any of the sets you took off give me a shout. Text call or email, 7724083169. I am in the PHX AZ area. Email/PayPal. [email protected]
I have an opportunity to attain some Vogtland Sport Plus fastback version (s550 Mustang) with a low 1500 miles on them. Do you think they will still work for my 16' GT Convertible? have asked Vogtland but would love opinions.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have an opportunity to attain some Vogtland Sport Plus fastback version (s550 Mustang) with a low 1500 miles on them. Do you think they will still work for my 16' GT Convertible? have asked Vogtland but would love opinions.
I had these springs. They are a great choice if ya want to go low. Not so low to where you are scraping things. I posted pics of my ride in here.
Sponsored