Best Lowering Springs HELP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello guys! Recently just got into modding my 2016 GT and looking for some help from you experienced members. I just purchased a set of Project 6GR 20x10 squared on 285/35/20 all around. I would like to lower my vehicle and looking for the best springs to do so for my daily driver.

Key points here. This is the NON performance pack Premium GT. I will never track this vehicle or race it. I am just looking for springs to close the wheel gap and give better handling, less body roll if that is at all possible. I do not like the slammed look. Top of my list and what was recommended to me was the BMR SP080. Are these truly the best springs or is there something better out there?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hello guys! Recently just got into modding my 2016 GT and looking for some help from you experienced members. I just purchased a set of Project 6GR 20x10 squared on 285/35/20 all around. I would like to lower my vehicle and looking for the best springs to do so for my daily driver.

Key points here. This is the NON performance pack Premium GT. I will never track this vehicle or race it. I am just looking for springs to close the wheel gap and give better handling, less body roll if that is at all possible. I do not like the slammed look. Top of my list and what was recommended to me was the BMR SP080. Are these truly the best springs or is there something better out there?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I think it's a pretty easy call. For a daily driver with no track time, the Steeda Progressive springs are fantastic! The progressive nature of the springs gives a softer initial spring rate that makes it easier over the smaller bumps and then progressively increases the spring rate as the bump or turn-in increases, providing a lot of stability and control with reduced brake dive.

When I installed mine well over a year ago, my wife was pissed off I was going to lower this car. After so many in the past left the ride very stiff and uncomfortable. The Steeda Progressive springs actually improved the ride quality while improving the handling. Wifey is no longer pissed off and I'm a happy camper. The look is great too, it left my car with just a slight rake from back to front and I still have just a little clearance over the wheels so it's not too aggressive. Like you, this is my daily driver and I need it to be functional.

You should contact one of our 2 Steeda reps that are on this form all the time supporting us, TJ or Mike D, they can help you.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210/

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Here's a pic of my car with the Steeda Progressives.
side.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Eibach pro kit here, rides well and no rubbing as well as allowing the 20s to fill the well nicely. People see the car sitting and can't believe 20s don't rub.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vogtlands match really well with factory dampers.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I bought the CJPony house brand and am very happy with them. Can't beat the price when they are on sale!

Car%20Lowered_zpsumzn2wej.jpg

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This photo is Steeda Ultralite Linear on Project 6GR wheels (staggered, though).

My recommendation for a daily without PP shocks are as follows:
- Steeda Progressive (progressive)
- BMR Performance (linear)
- Vogtland Sport (progressive)
- Swift Spec R (linear; probably the most aggressive front rate of this group)

BMR will have the least drop in the rear with a raked look.
Vogtland is going to be an even drop front and back, with the potential for having a little more wheel gap up front given these cars come that way factory.
Steeda and Swift will drop the front a little more for even wheel gap.

I don't mention any of the Eibach options because I don't like the ride of either of them on non-PP shocks.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
This photo is Steeda Ultralite Linear on Project 6GR wheels (staggered, though).

My recommendation for a daily without PP shocks are as follows:
- Steeda Progressive (progressive)
- BMR Performance (linear)
- Vogtland Sport (progressive)
- Swift Spec R (linear; probably the most aggressive front rate of this group)

BMR will have the least drop in the rear with a raked look.
Vogtland is going to be an even drop front and back, with the potential for having a little more wheel gap up front given these cars come that way factory.
Steeda and Swift will drop the front a little more for even wheel gap.

I don't mention any of the Eibach options because I don't like the ride of either of them on non-PP shocks.
X2 on this list. :thumbsup: Those were my choices. I finally decided on the BMR. I will most likely install this weekend.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
If you don't plan on ever changing dampers, I'd suggest the BMR SP080. This is because their rates are just a wee bit stiffer than base and PP...should be on the upper range of acceptable tuning for the stock dampers.

Now, I do suggest getting rid of the stock dampers, specially on a base GT.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Stang.jpg

Mustang.jpg

I went with the SP089 and left the rear stock. Same as you I just wanted to close the gap, I also have 20's.

Ride is just about the same, amd handling is just a hair better. For my taste I wouldnt want it any lower.

I left the rear stock because I have a vert and often have my kids in the back.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't plan on ever changing dampers, I'd suggest the BMR SP080. This is because their rates are just a wee bit stiffer than base and PP...should be on the upper range of acceptable tuning for the stock dampers.

Now, I do suggest getting rid of the stock dampers, specially on a base GT.
Are the base GT shocks and struts different from the premium?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Are the base GT shocks and struts different from the premium?
Nope, base and premium are the same. Upgrade is to PP.
Sponsored