Best Exhaust Choices

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I am looking for an exhaust for my 2016 Mustang GT and I have to say I am very thankful for this site but the information and amount of threads can be overwhelming. After ditching the quad tip idea for lack of options that appeal to me, I would like to know your guys opinions on the best exhaust.

This is my daily driver and I am looking for something deep that maintains it's tone and richness of sound throughout the RPM range. ZERO drone is very important. It seems every exhaust I hear on video sounds raspy and that is the opposite of what I am looking for. Lastly, the volume. Nothing extraordinary that commands attention at every stoplight or everywhere I go. Just a deep muscle car tone.

Currently eyeing the Solo Mach XV, but open to ANY cat back options. Any help is truly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The ARH catback would be a good choice as well.

Reactions: 113

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
ARH would probably be your best best considering your goals. The Coyote is going to have a naturally raspy note to it. Attempts to hide that have resulted in overly boomy exhausts (I can say from personal experience) which do drone. The deeper systems hit the car's resonances and are most likely to drone, and even if they don't, generally have perceived higher interior volume.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
ARH would probably be your best best considering your goals. The Coyote is going to have a naturally raspy note to it. Attempts to hide that have resulted in overly boomy exhausts (I can say from personal experience) which do drone. The deeper systems hit the car's resonances and are most likely to drone, and even if they don't, generally have perceived higher interior volume.
Appreciate the input. I see you have the Corsa, how does that sound and which model do you have? What are your thoughts on the Solo Mach XV? Seems everybody in the thread loves them but something in me says to stick to Borla or Corsa due to the name and reputation.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
For richness of tone and no drone you could consider the Corsa Touring, which is not at all raspy but more middle of the road tone wise though it may not give you quite the deepness you desire. As mentioned by [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] it can be tough to get that deep sound without experiencing that unwanted interior booming.

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The Mach XV is one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard on this car. It has zero drone, no rasp, and a nice deep tone. I had the XV, but it had a rattle I couldn't fix. I bought the thunder mid section, and I like it, but honestly like the XV a little better. The thunder is a bit louder and also has a great tone, I just prefer the XV.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Mach XV is one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard on this car. It has zero drone, no rasp, and a nice deep tone. I had the XV, but it had a rattle I couldn't fix. I bought the thunder mid section, and I like it, but honestly like the XV a little better. The thunder is a bit louder and also has a great tone, I just prefer the XV.
How loud is the XV, something that would blend well with a daily driver? Regarding the rattle, is that something they wouldn't cover and exchange for you? Thanks

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For richness of tone and no drone you could consider the Corsa Touring, which is not at all raspy but more middle of the road tone wise though it may not give you quite the deepness you desire. As mentioned by [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] it can be tough to get that deep sound without experiencing that unwanted interior booming.
Appreciate the input. Was eyeing the Borla Touring before I stumbled on the Solo Mach XV. A little nervous to pull the trigger due to never hearing about them before. How would you rate those compared to the Corsa?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So I am looking for an exhaust for my 2016 Mustang GT and I have to say I am very thankful for this site but the information and amount of threads can be overwhelming. After ditching the quad tip idea for lack of options that appeal to me, I would like to know your guys opinions on the best exhaust.

This is my daily driver and I am looking for something deep that maintains it's tone and richness of sound throughout the RPM range. ZERO drone is very important. It seems every exhaust I hear on video sounds raspy and that is the opposite of what I am looking for. Lastly, the volume. Nothing extraordinary that commands attention at every stoplight or everywhere I go. Just a deep muscle car tone.

Currently eyeing the Solo Mach XV, but open to ANY cat back options. Any help is truly appreciated, thanks!
Controlling rasp on this motor can be difficult for sure. Might want to do just an axle back and leave the stock resonator if rasp and drone are big concerns.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Appreciate the input. Was eyeing the Borla Touring before I stumbled on the Solo Mach XV. A little nervous to pull the trigger due to never hearing about them before. How would you rate those compared to the Corsa?
I think the Mach XV's sound great, no drone. Don't know about the interior sound levels which for some might be fine.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Arh
Any of the Corsas
Any Borla 3" models (pass on their 2.5" )
Solo i prefer the Mach Thunder or Street Race (street race isnt going to be something youd prefer) a lot of people like their other models too. Just way too quiet for me.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Arh
Any of the Corsas
Any Borla 3" models (pass on their 2.5" )
Solo i prefer the Mach Thunder or Street Race (street race isnt going to be something youd prefer) a lot of people like their other models too. Just way too quiet for me.
He said he didn't want rasp though which is going to eliminate the louder corsa exhausts. Touring might be fine.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Controlling rasp on this motor can be difficult for sure. Might want to do just an axle back and leave the stock resonator if rasp and drone are big concerns.
Really want to go catback if I can after hearing how restrictive the stock resonator and exhaust is. What are you running? From all the videos I have gathered it seems the Solo Mach XV produces the deepest tone throughout the RPM band, while reducing the rasp and drone (not including the Magnaflow which is incredibly deep, but there are drone complaints).

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Really want to go catback if I can after hearing how restrictive the stock resonator and exhaust is. What are you running? From all the videos I have gathered it seems the Solo Mach XV produces the deepest tone throughout the RPM band, while reducing the rasp and drone (not including the Magnaflow which is incredibly deep, but there are drone complaints).
Stock resonator is straight through. It's not restrictive. Catback might be worth 5whp on these cars if that it's all for sound until you go headers and remove the cats.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
He said he didn't want rasp though which is going to eliminate the louder corsa exhausts. Touring might be fine.
I heard some videos where an xtreme didnt really have any rasp. Same for the sports. :shrug: either way they arent for everyone.
Sponsored