Best Exhaust Choices

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to guess, I would say the Mach XV would be closest because it is the quietest of the two. The Mach XV has the X pipe encased in an 18" muffler whereas the Thunder is 11".

From what you have stated before, the stock resonator does a lot to keep the volume in check so I would lean towards the Mach XV.
Except the Solo's axleback is straight pipe vs. a muffler setup. Solo themselves say the XV axleback is louder than the Mach XV catback, so that tells me that the 18" muffler would take away more sound than the stock resonator.
Sponsored

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Except the Solo's axleback is straight pipe vs. a muffler setup. Solo themselves say the XV axleback is louder than the Mach XV catback, so that tells me that the 18" muffler would take away more sound than the stock resonator.
Ah, I get your logic. if you're looking for a little more volume with your axle backs that might do it... ;)

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
I agree with everything that's been said about Solo. I've been very happy with mine. I have the thunder and it's honestly loud as shit (I love it that way). The tone is great so the Mach XV would be a great choice if you're looking for a deep, aggressive tone that isn't quite as loud.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Granted I've only had the Corsa Sport catback on the car for about 30 minutes now, but I can't believe that anyone describing it as "raspy" has spent much time around it, at least not in the drivers seat

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, I get your logic. if you're looking for a little more volume with your axle backs that might do it... ;)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Mach Thunder is probably about the same volume as muffler deletes w/ the stock resonator. Only a very select few know for sure. The MF 11386 resonated X-pipes have a similar body length (14" vs. 11") to the Thunder mid pipe and are reported to be slightly quieter than the stock resonator.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'm quite fond of my Magnaflow Street. Very deep tones. On occasion you do hit some drone if loading down the engine in 6th gear and under 60 MPH.
But as others have mentioned, rasp is a quality of the engine, not a byproduct of an exhaust system.
I've always said it would be great to have an exhaust system "shoot outs" at Mustang Week. A special area where mfgrs could have a car on display with their system installed.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll just leave these here. No drone, hearty tone, screaming WOT, fits like a glove and the quality is top notch. Massive 4.5" tips too ;)
Matt from Krona is also a badass dude in general. He's worked on everything from R8 exhausts to Saab to the Eco and now GT.
Shoot me a DM and I can see about hooking you up.

These sound pretty sweet! Never heard of Krona before, any drone issues or any complaints at all?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Be warned this system is about $1300 bucks. Beefcake and AM sell it here so im sure discounts can be had especially better ones over times like blackfriday/cyber monday, christmas, 4th of july, labor day, memorial day.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Magnaflow Street lists out at $1200 but can be had for $875 to your door if you shop around.
I remember right after I put it on I took my car in for the free oil change at the dealership. When I pulled it into the service writers area, a few of the mechanics showed up all of a sudden to look at what was shaking the building. I had no idea it was that much low freq. volume until I was in the waiting room and they cranked it up to pull into the service bay. I actually jumped up to see what had just pulled into the building. I was surprised to see it was mine.

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm considering replacing my stock resonator with a resonated X-pipe/X-muffler. What I'm not sure is of the two Solo offerings, which one would be similar to the resonator in volume. I'm thinking it might be the Thunder one.
The XV would probably be most similar to the stock resonator as far as volume, as it's a bit larger than the thunder mid. Only problem I can see is it would be a custom job to get it to fit in place of the stock resonator I believe. I think you would have to cut the stock tailpipes and have an adapter pipe welded in due to the size difference.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Mach Thunder is probably about the same volume as muffler deletes w/ the stock resonator. Only a very select few know for sure. The MF 11386 resonated X-pipes have a similar body length (14" vs. 11") to the Thunder mid pipe and are reported to be slightly quieter than the stock resonator.
The Mach Thunder would be quite a bit louder than the stock resonator with muffler deletes. The Mach XV would probably be a better comparison to that setup.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach Thunder would be quite a bit louder than the stock resonator with muffler deletes. The Mach XV would probably be a better comparison to that setup.
The XV's 18" muffler would definitely be quieter than the stock resonator, as the XV axle-back is louder than the Mach XV catback (per Solo themselves). Even if I need reducers/adapters, it would be nice to have something that's one piece and would only require two cuts to make fit. I will ask Solo about the 11" and 18" for comparison to the stock resonator.
Sponsored