Sponsored

Best Exhasut for Crackle on decel or down shift

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Did you keep the stock exhaust tips?
This has nothing to do with that. The only thing that's been changed as far as the exhaust is the mid pipe.
Sponsored

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have been listening and reading as much as possible about all the options from x/h pipes, kooks headers and everything in between but I cannot find what I miss about my Scat Pack. On down shift I would get nice crackle and deep pops (completely stock) when the car was warm and exhaust valves open. Does anyone have a set up that will pass emissions that does that?
Iā€™m running a ā€˜20 Roush Phase 2 with Roush tune and factory exhaust with the exception that I replaced a the factory mid-pipe with a Borla SwitchFire mid-pipe. I get great quality rumble sounds along with crackle and pop on deceleration. I great combo!! šŸ‘šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 Elite + HP
I decided to go with the GT 500 Borla Atak cat back exhaust. With that being said I will be selling the full mach 1 stock exhaust minus the actuators.

Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This has nothing to do with that. The only thing that's been changed as far as the exhaust is the mid pipe.
I think he asked because the pic of the pipe you posted appeared to be a mid pipe that also exited out the sides of the carā€¦?

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I think he asked because the pic of the pipe you posted appeared to be a mid pipe that also exited out the sides of the carā€¦?
That's correct. It exits out the side of the car. Yes. Which is the kit that I have installed. Which also has nothing to do with the rear exhaust tips, pipes, nor active exhaust system.

Not sure what the confusion is.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My stock Mach burbles a little bit, I won't call it Rice Crispy though. That shit was annoying AF when it was on my Camaro 1le, that I had my tuner remove it. My '21 scat doesnt do it but I also have the valves pinned open.

Go listen to a recent BMW. Why would you want your car to emulate those a$$wipes? I hope that Bavarian engineer visits the 8th ring of hell.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's correct. It exits out the side of the car. Yes. Which is the kit that I have installed. Which also has nothing to do with the rear exhaust tips, pipes, nor active exhaust system.

Not sure what the confusion is.
I believe the confusion was if there is side exhaust is there still quad tips or is it dual rearā€¦ just assuming though, Iā€™m not the one that asked the questionā€¦

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the confusion was if there is side exhaust is there still quad tips or is it dual rearā€¦ just assuming though, Iā€™m not the one that asked the questionā€¦
Nothing is changed, exhaust goes out the rear. It's just that some also goes out the sides.

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 Elite + HP
I asked the question because the boss 302 side exhaust is unique in that it continues as though a regular midpipe would but with active exhasut all the way at the read mufflers what would be the point vs the cervini side exit that ends in front of the rear tire and deletes the rest of the exhaust entirely
Sponsored