Sponsored

Best Drop-In Air (DRY) Filter for the 2018 GT or recommended?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ever try the Steeda Drop-In Dry Filter version, or is it perhaps some rebrand of AEM or AFE?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My AFE magnum flow got a tear in the sealing area, not sure how, it did seem pretty tight fit compared to K&N or OEM filter

8IOI7Im.jpg

They sent me a new one but I am using the K&N for now

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
My AFE magnum flow got a tear in the sealing area, not sure how, it did seem pretty tight fit compared to K&N or OEM filter

8IOI7Im.jpg

They sent me a new one but I am using the K&N for now
I've had some trouble closing the stock airbox lid with the aFe filter, it was a very tight fit and was worried about tearing. I'll check back after few months

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does the AEM not get much love compared to the AFE (Both dry) ?

WD :like:

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Save your money keep filter stock, flows enough. Flowbench is not representative of what your engine will take.
An engine can only take so much air, no matter the cfm the filter you added flow for.

My car made 512 bhp on a mustang dyno with stock intake manifold and stock cold air. I even left the carbon trap and paper filter there.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Power is hidden in the calibration & your exhaust flow. Get longtube headers instead

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Power is hidden in the calibration & your exhaust flow. Get longtube headers instead
I've been considering the headers, catted though. Are they worth the hassle considering they're so expensive? How much gains can i expect realistically, i already got the E85 Lund tune so far. I don't race the car, only do occasional track days, i'm looking for some improvement in the low end as a daily driver

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I've been considering the headers, catted though. Are they worth the hassle considering they're so expensive? How much gains can i expect realistically, i already got the E85 Lund tune so far. I don't race the car, only do occasional track days, i'm looking for some improvement in the low end because i daily the car
You will get alot of torque in lower range rpm, thats where the longtube headers really shine. About 32 lbs tq at the wheels extra
Only worth it if your going catless, otherwise you cut 50% of your gains right there. It needs to flow. Nothing to obstruct the passage

I highly recommand you ARH direct-connect to your factory exhaust line. Bolt-on and finish is perfect thats what i went with. Not any issues installing everything line up together
yes they cost more than average, your looking at about 1600$ usd not shipped & if your local you might saves on custom charges otherwise its another add-up there. and aswell if you can install yourself or not

But it totally worth it in the end, you will struggle for traction after that. new car

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
You will get alot of torque in lower range rpm, thats where the longtube headers really shine. About 32 lbs tq at the wheels extra
Only worth it if your going catless, otherwise you cut 50% of your gains right there. It needs to flow. Nothing to obstruct the passage

I highly recommand you ARH direct-connect to your factory exhaust line. Bolt-on and finish is perfect thats what i went with. Not any issues installing everything line up together
yes they cost more than average, your looking at about 1600$ usd not shipped & if your local you might saves on custom charges otherwise its another add-up there. and aswell if you can install yourself or not

But it totally worth it in the end, you will struggle for traction after that. new car
I'm looking at around 500 for installation. I have the active but ditched the factory resonator in favor of an x-pipe so might need Magna resonator to tame it down. The stock active with x-pipe is just about perfect, a little louder will be fine but people are saying headers with X-pipe is going to be ridiculously loud...

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I'm looking at around 500 for installation. I have the active but ditched the factory resonator in favor of an x-pipe so might need Magna resonator to tame it down. The stock active with x-pipe is just about perfect, a little louder will be fine but people are saying headers with X-pipe is going to be ridiculously loud...
I have lth catless with stock resonator, and i find the noise to be very acceptable. only if you step on it then it starts to rasp because mufflers can't handle all the extra flow. I don't think an x-pipe is going to make it so much louder
Sponsored