Best brake pads for daily driving

DAntonelli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Impact Blue/Black Stripes
I have a 2016 GT350 with just about 45k miles that I currently drive as my daily driver. Went to get it inspected and they said the brakes were too worn to pass inspection. I was looking online but most places talk about high performance or track day pads. What are some good options for daily driving? Should I just buy the OEM replacement pads? I went to the Brembo website and they don't even have GT350 as an option.

Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a 2016 GT350 with just about 45k miles that I currently drive as my daily driver. Went to get it inspected and they said the brakes were too worn to pass inspection. I was looking online but most places talk about high performance or track day pads. What are some good options for daily driving? Should I just buy the OEM replacement pads? I went to the Brembo website and they don't even have GT350 as an option.

Any input is appreciated.
OEM Brembo pads are FR3Z-2001-L

I use those for street and track driving.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Low (zero) dust and great driving manners, you will find PowerStop Z26 is highly recommended. GLock GS-1's are also in that same category (almost no dust, probably better braking than Z26), but at a price premium.

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
Stick with stock. They work for all types of normal driving and stand up to track use as well. People complain about excessive dust but Iā€™ll take performance over cleanliness.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
As @galaxy stated, Powerstop Z26 are frequently recommended (many love the near oem braking STREET capability and no dust) . Me? I just stay with oem knowing I have extremely capable dual-duty brakes. Sure they dust....but this IS a performance car not your momma's grocery-getter! šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
As @galaxy stated, Powerstop Z26 are frequently recommended (many love the near oem braking STREET capability and no dust) . Me? I just stay with oem knowing I have extremely capable dual-duty brakes. Sure they dust....but this IS a performance car not your momma's grocery-getter! šŸ˜‰
Thinking about the Powerstops just for the street -- where is the best place to source?

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
Thinking about the Powerstops just for the street -- where is the best place to source?
RockAuto has them.

Just to add to what others have said: I spent a weekend driving scenic roads in the Ozarks and was able to over-drive the Z26s. They are great as long as you don't do any prolonged spirited driving/ track use. The Stock pads are fantastic for that so if you're just using it as a daily, the Z26s from RockAuto are great.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
RockAuto has them.

Just to add to what others have said: I spent a weekend driving scenic roads in the Ozarks and was able to over-drive the Z26s. They are great as long as you don't do any prolonged spirited driving/ track use. The Stock pads are fantastic for that so if you're just using it as a daily, the Z26s from RockAuto are great.
Thanks.

I use Pagid RS29s for track, but get frustrated with brake dust for Sunday cruising and cars & coffee events.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Thanks.

I use Pagid RS29s for track, but get frustrated with brake dust for Sunday cruising and cars & coffee events.
I guess nobody has cracked that nut.
Gotta pay to play. I havenā€™t tracked my car yet but Iā€™ll be replacing with OE pads when the time comes as Iā€™ve been known to hit the canyons as well.
Iā€˜d hate to experience fade with no runoff and a 1Kā€™ cliff.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Z26 Powerstops are sweet for the street. Also 1/4 cost of oem pads.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have never overdriven my GS-1ā€™s, and that includes some serious full days in the NC/TN mountains with several back to back Dragon passes.
Sponsored