Beefcake Racing

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Anyone know the status of BCR. They dont return emails, the dont answer the phone and they dont reply to FB message. Would cancel order but at this point there is no way to accomplish that.
Sponsored

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I messaged them on here about a week ago. Took some time to get a response but it was the weekend. Wasn’t expecting a reply til the following week so I was surprised.

I’m assuming you just placed your order...???...maybe wait til Monday morning and give them a call....????

It is the weekend.....

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I messaged them on here about a week ago. Took some time to get a response but it was the weekend. Wasn’t expecting a reply til the following week so I was surprised.

I’m assuming you just placed your order...???...maybe wait til Monday morning and give them a call....????

It is the weekend.....
Thanks for the reply. I ordered earlier in the week and had done email and FB and phone but not long after i posted here they called me back. I suspected what i had ordered was back ordered and really just wanted an update since i live about 3k miles from Ohio and shipping is compromised rn. Sometimes when you want the best it takes longer and i am used to instant gratification need to settle down i guess.

1972_todd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Fusion Titanium, 20' Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the reply. I ordered earlier in the week and had done email and FB and phone but not long after i posted here they called me back. I suspected what i had ordered was back ordered and really just wanted an update since i live about 3k miles from Ohio and shipping is compromised rn. Sometimes when you want the best it takes longer and i am used to instant gratification need to settle down i guess.
Just curious, how long did you give them before going to social media?

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Just curious, how long did you give them before going to social media?
it was 4 days ago and as i said just looking for an update and not sure what you mean by going to social media. Maybe the area has bad weather or power outage etc . Only reason i asked on here, also i have seen them post here so figured maybe i would get their attention here. TBH it is confusing that any vendor lists a product that is not in stock but put it on sale as well. I would rather not wait a month not knowing the status of an order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Have heard very few negatives about beefcake. I would give it some time. He has been around for a long while.
I was not worried about credibility or I would not have ordered from them. These are difficult times to be in business i get that , merely trying to get my ducks in a row.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Terry (Beefcake) is across town from me.

I don't know for sure but I expect the EPA hit him last week. He does partner with Lund.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Terry (Beefcake) is across town from me.

I don't know for sure but I expect the EPA hit him last week. He does partner with Lund.
Well im just buying a set of OPG's so im sure thats not on their radar and i have not heard of the EPA shutting anyone down quite yet . I was told that they hadnt received any inventory from TSS for quite a while and would update me monday. This was my fear all along that things were in short supply with covid and also the storm texas just had.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If he said he will let you know Monday I wouldn't worry.

Sponsored
OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
If my wife said that I would ask her why she was worrying.
Wellp after talking to BCR they said they had no stock from TSS in 2 months and said it may be another month. I do have some experience internet shopping and have an idea when something might be up. Shipping to my location can take 3 weeks easily and would rather not wait a month so i just needed to know what my next move would be.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bought my Edelbrock Stage 2 supercharger kit and catchcan from them last year. Great price and service for me, but the SC was drop-shipped from Edelbrock.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Bought my Edelbrock Stage 2 supercharger kit and catchcan from them last year. Great price and service for me, but the SC was drop-shipped from Edelbrock.
Bought my SC from Summit and same it was dropped shipped for EB . A lot of companies do that so they dont have to actually lay out cash to stock the parts. The guy who called me said they normally stock this part but tried to sell me boundary or MMR and i already have MMR and said hard pass.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Sometimes when you want the best it takes longer and i am used to instant gratification need to settle down i guess.
I had to reply to this part of your quote because this made me grind my teeth - no comment on the company you hired particularly - but in general: Tuners, Shops, etc. work for YOU. They are hired by YOU. They are paid with YOUR money. They damn well better answer phone calls, email, etc. PROMPTLY. And they should be grateful to answer any inquiry you have, and not mind if you want frequent - even if redundant - updates.

Too many of these clowns cop an attitude of indignance and contempt: "How dare you question me?". "I'll get to your car when I get to it". They think you won't go somewhere else because of their divine talents. And too many speed shops and tuners have this shithead attitude.

BS - I had my Focus tuned by Tune+ and my Mustang tuned by AED. Emails and questions answered the same day. Phone messages answered w/in 1 day. Hell, Shaun even picked up at times when I called. Papini's in Temecula aligned my car - great work - but also great customer service and attention. And I've dealt with opposite too

Also - my advice is to go with local reputable shops when possible - so you can waltz on down to the local courthouse if they deserve to get sued. Face it - while some of these shops do good work, this isn't nuclear physics or molecular genetics - good talent abounds. And you don't need to put up with ANYONE'S shit.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I had to reply to this part of your quote because this made me grind my teeth - no comment on the company you hired particularly - but in general: Tuners, Shops, etc. work for YOU. They are hired by YOU. They are paid with YOUR money. They damn well better answer phone calls, email, etc. PROMPTLY. And they should be grateful to answer any inquiry you have, and not mind if you want frequent - even if redundant - updates.

Too many of these clowns cop an attitude of indignance and contempt: "How dare you question me?". "I'll get to your car when I get to it". They think you won't go somewhere else because of their divine talents. And too many speed shops and tuners have this shithead attitude.

BS - I had my Focus tuned by Tune+ and my Mustang tuned by AED. Emails and questions answered the same day. Phone messages answered w/in 1 day. Hell, Shaun even picked up at times when I called. Papini's in Temecula aligned my car - great work - but also great customer service and attention. And I've dealt with opposite too

Also - my advice is to go with local reputable shops when possible - so you can waltz on down to the local courthouse if they deserve to get sued. Face it - while some of these shops do good work, this isn't nuclear physics or molecular genetics - good talent abounds. And you don't need to put up with ANYONE'S shit.
Why so angry . Under normal circumstances i would be more agitated but plenty of business's are not running at all , hell people cant even get drag radials right now . Improvements can be made for sure since computers allow stock tracking which is annoying if you cant tell if they have stock or not. Remember anger destroys the vessel its contained in.
Sponsored