BC FORGED New Wheels

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The measure of any business is not all service leading up to the sale, but after when there’s a problem. Everyone talks a great game until they have to probe it. That’s not aimed at anybody or any supplier in particular.

Oh boy, how bout that service......

They are made by the same company, same people, just to different specs (style, design, etc).

If everyone would agree to drift away from the signature topic, id be fine with that. But wow, wheels made from the same company by the same people for $1,000 less (as I have been told).

I dont want to get into it, but I could if pressed. Lets just leave it that BC wheels are a value for all of the previously mentioned reasons.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I can answer Tom’s question. Just because BC is cheaper doesn’t mean we should shop with them. Their designs are becoming old in my opinion. Every company has a split 5, a 7 spoke, a 10 spoke, so on and so on. But every once in awhile a company like Signature comes along and makes some subtle yet significant changes to overdone designs. That’s why I chose them over BC. Price is not the be-all end-all to “value” and in the end I only spent a couple hundred more than what I would’ve with BC.

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I can answer Tom’s question. Just because BC is cheaper doesn’t mean we should shop with them. Their designs are becoming old in my opinion. Every company has a split 5, a 7 spoke, a 10 spoke, so on and so on. But every once in awhile a company like Signature comes along and makes some subtle yet significant changes to overdone designs. That’s why I chose them over BC. Price is not the be-all end-all to “value” and in the end I only spent a couple hundred more than what I would’ve with BC.
I can't agree with this statement. BC has 3 times as many Monoblock (5x multi-piece) wheel designs as Signature so how can you say their designs are old? I would use the exact opposite comparison actually. What significant change are you referring to btw?

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I can't agree with this statement. BC has 3 times as many Monoblock (5x multi-piece) wheel designs as Signature so how can you say their designs are old? I would use the exact opposite comparison actually. What significant change are you referring to btw?
I didn’t say Signature had more designs, I said I found their designs more refreshing. And I can say that because it’s a matter of opinion, not one I feel the need to justify to anyone else.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I didn’t say Signature had more designs, I said I found their designs more refreshing. And I can say that because it’s a matter of opinion, not one I feel the need to justify to anyone else.
So a purely subjective perspective. I'm not picking sides here, but I must say that if you are after a quality wheel that is made by the same technicians as signature and Shelby, then the differences are purely aesthetic and preferential.

You know what? I may be inclined to sell my sv 801s and get a set of wheels that are made for and sold by Shelby. Any takers? At least the wheels are licensed and branded Shelby.

I run CF wheels on my GT500, but I think id rather have a spare set made by the same company, from the same forgings, by the same people as signature for less money. A bonus is that they are a legitimate Shelby branded wheel. For a lot less, I could have a BC wheel who is the manufacturer of Signature wheels.

A very interesting thread indeed.

Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I love coming into the GT500 or Zo6 sections just to hear guys say how money doesn't matter and paying thousands more for a wheel that is the same as a cheaper wheel. I'm so budget oriented, I would almost buy lmr or American muscle repos that cost a fraction of what all the big money names are. Or how they can throw 10k at a brand new car and not give a shit lol. My wife and kids come first. The last thing comes mods for an already high end car.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My wife and kids come first. The last thing comes mods for an already high end car.
Some of us can afford to take care of both.

I prefer the old adage, “if it’s not your money, it’s not your concern”. So questioning why someone would want to spend more money for a product made by the same manufactures as a cheaper brand….well, to be frank, is no one’s business. This is no different than someone with a GT asking why you’d buy a Shelby when you can slap a whipple on a GT and have the same power for A LOT less.

Edit: Signature wheels don’t cost thousands more than BC. Go ahead and price similar wheels between both brands. The BC wheels I was considering were $650 less than the signature wheels I bought. So maybe we can dispense with the BS myth they are “thousands more”.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I prefer the old adage, “if it’s not your money, it’s not your concern”. So questioning why someone would want to spend more money for a product made by the same manufactures as a cheaper brand….well, to be frank, is no one’s business. This is no different than someone with a GT asking why you’d buy a Shelby when you can slap a whipple on a GT and have the same power for A LOT less.

Edit: Signature wheels don’t cost thousands more than BC. Go ahead and price similar wheels between both brands. The BC wheels I was considering were $650 less than the signature wheels I bought. So maybe we can dispense with the BS myth they are “thousands more”.
Well I guess it depends on the price you pay?

Nobody said "thousands" as in plural. I believe it was thousand as in singular. The difference between $650 and $1,000 is only $350. So what deal were you given and how much did you pay for your set if I may ask? And which version wheel did you get?

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav

I was not even commenting on the BC VS SIG lines on here. Just saying in general. I don't really care which is better or more. This is a discussion forum. So that's why we talk about stuff on here. Otherwise none of it is anyone's concern ;) . Good for those guys who have "idgaf" money to blow. I could do it but I choose not to. Again it feels like I'm on a ZO6 or ZR1 forum with the attitudes I see in here.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nobody said "thousands" as in plural. I believe it was thousand as in singular.
Here ya go Tom
I love coming into the GT500 or Zo6 sections just to hear guys say how money doesn't matter and paying thousands more for a wheel that is the same as a cheaper wheel.
As for me, I ordered Signature SV107s for $4600. The BC forged wheels I was looking at were $4250 so my memory wasn’t exactly right on the price difference which means an even smaller Delta between the two than I originally thought.
Again it feels like I'm on a ZO6 or ZR1 forum with the attitudes I see in here.
To be fair your first post inferred that GT500 and Z06 owners are somehow being lumped together as unable to make smart financial decisions because you’d rather spend money on your family. And then add further insult by inferring that simply because some of us have the bandwidth in our bank accounts to afford pricier things that somehow means we think of others as inferior? Might as well highlight someone who eats at Red Lobster while others only choose to have McDonalds. You could call that “idgaf money”.
Maybe the attitude you see is a result of the opinion you share. My personality is who I am, my attitude is who you come across as. 😉

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Here ya go Tom
Ok, I missed that one, an embellishment or a slip of the pinky on the keyboard i bet, lol.

Anyway, the discussion is BC forged wheels and the discussion surrounding it. I think all material so far is relevant to the subject.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ok, I missed that one, an embellishment or a slip of the pinky on the keyboard i bet, lol.

Anyway, the discussion is BC forged wheels and the discussion surrounding it. I think all material so far is relevant to the subject.
Nothing wrong with highlighting who makes what wheels and how much they cost. But when folks start throwing shade in the direction of folks who spend more money for what they want then it’s no longer a singular thread. That’s all I’m getting at. I know folks with Lamborghinis, Ferarris, and so on. I can’t imagine spending $1500 on an oil change for some of those cars but I certainly won’t disparage the way they spend their money.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Nothing wrong with highlighting who makes what wheels and how much they cost. But when folks start throwing shade in the direction of folks who spend more money for what they want then it’s no longer a singular thread. That’s all I’m getting at. I know folks with Lamborghinis, Ferarris, and so on. I can’t imagine spending $1500 on an oil change for some of those cars but I certainly won’t disparage the way they spend their money.
I understand. I have 3 sets of signature wheels and after finding all of this out, I was a little set back too. Its ok though. We all bought what we paid for and there is really no looking back. Signature wheels are good.... they are the same quality as BC wheels and there is nothing to feel bad about. I have, in a pinch used signature wheels on the track and they are good wheels. But I must say that if I had known that they were essentially BC from the start, that might have affected my purchase decision. So you are right, where we spend our discretionary funds is each person's responsibility and decision. If a person feels that the extra money for signature wheels is warranted, then have at it.

Again this is a discussion obout BC wheels and any additional information is a product of that discussion.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Good god I should feel like heal spending as much as I did…….. I bought Signature wheels, sold signature wheels, got Shelby (by BC) wheels by way of putting myself first and sending my car to Shelby American ………

Edit: I think both sets of wheels I had are great. You can’t go wrong with either……. but it may mean that you don’t care about your family :giggle:

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Good god I should feel like heal spending as much as I did…….. I bought Signature wheels, sold signature wheels, got Shelby (by BC) wheels by way of putting myself first and sending my car to Shelby American ………

Edit: I think both sets of wheels I had are great. You can’t go wrong with either……. but it may mean that you don’t care about your family :giggle:
I see what you did there 🤣
Sponsored