BBK 85mm Throttle Body with Airaid TB spacer

Spanky4177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 6speed w/PP
I just recently purchased a BBK 85mm TB w/Airaid spacer for my 15 GT do to all the great reviews on AM and CJ Pony. But i reached out to lund racing asking if i needed an updated tune after installing these items and they told me that they have tested this TB in the past and reccomended to keep my stock TB due to there tests showed no HP gains what so ever with aftermarket TB, pretty much told this was garbage. Anyone one have experience with this 85mm TB on there mustang? Any info would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lund has real dynos. Customer reviewers have butt dynos. Get an '18 intake instead IF it fits your criteria for your performance needs.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Alex at Lund (formerly VMP) once stated that you won't really see much benefit from a bigger TB. I'm sure there's a point where it starts paying off, but probably with more than a just a CAI and tune as the only other mods. Headers have solid gains. As stated above the '18 intake manifold... People are seeing nice gains from it.

OP
OP
Spanky4177

Spanky4177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 6speed w/PP
Alex at Lund (formerly VMP) once stated that you won't really see much benefit from a bigger TB. I'm sure there's a point where it starts paying off, but probably with more than a just a CAI and tune as the only other mods. Headers have solid gains. As stated above the '18 intake manifold... People are seeing nice gains from it.
Yeah I'm going to return this 85mm TB back to CJ Pony and look into that '18 Intake manifold. Thanks for your input Gentlemen :fistbump:

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of getting the bbk 85mm throttle body. I just did the 18 manifold and it is amazing. I have bbk long tubes 1 3 /4 high flow cats,, JLT CAI, 3.73 gears flow master Mufflers. I think it would give me some more hp.

Dan1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
BBK 85mm made a very noticable improvement in my 16 GT. I would not hesitate to use it over the stock throttle body.

2016 Mustang gt, airaid intake tube, K/N filter, MRT H pipe, Borla touring, Ford Racing PP1 tune, and BBK 85mm throttle body.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also upgraded to the BBK throttle body and have it for over a year no issues. Lunds did state that BBK throttle body was not a good thing. I have been using BBK throttle bodies since 2008 and their long tube headers. Never ever an issue drove my cars in snow and rain and beat the piss out of them. The BBK throttle body has been in my 17 mustang gt for over a year since the stock one crap out.

BBK 85mm made a very noticable improvement in my 16 GT. I would not hesitate to use it over the stock throttle body.

2016 Mustang gt, airaid intake tube, K/N filter, MRT H pipe, Borla touring, Ford Racing PP1 tune, and BBK 85mm throttle body.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase