ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
!00% > the fail of the battery power tools, worse yet the damn thing quits in the middle of a job.

The tool itself is bulky, the support, charger useless lump of shit always in the way. The frigging batties that always need replacing, extras laying around.

I have 1 battery power tool a drill.

I will take corded all day every day, 2 times it stops, power off, or unplugged. Just NO getting around these stupid facts, damn details anyway.
I have 2 sets of cordless tools, that other than the drill and sawsall got no use and now the batteries that brand uses now are different.
Cordless sawsall is gold at junkyards and cordless drill worth every penny even if you only drywall one room.
But a paint polisher that gets very little use unless the owner is a detailer or works at a body shop is MEH. not worth it.
I know when I grab my corded polisher as long as the lights are on, it is going to work correctly.
Cordless, you need to pull out the charger, charge up the batteries, then a day later or more polish whatever, while swapping batteries like beer cans.
Most cordless polishers are not going to like a 6"/7"/8" polishing pad , making them more a detail work only tool, as you are not going to cut and buff paint with them.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I will say that when at swap meets or yard sales and see 12 volt cordless tools that the owner says needs batteries I grab them. open them up, and solder on a 25-50ft ex cord and alligator clips. Making great rod run/road trip tools. That you can power by anyone's vehicle other than an ev .
Most are like new as the home owners diy only got used a few times before they moved on to a better set of 18 volt.
15 dollar sawsall, drill and flashlight, circular saw in a plastic case or bag.sign me up.
A few hours and used ex cords and boom.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The KING of Posts! You are amazing, dude, I swear. :cool:

Yep, I started with a LHR-15, picked up a pneumatic 2", then an electric 2", and finally the Ibrid. I also have a 6" plate for the 15.

I just had a birthday, myself and sprang for yet another tool. I don't mind the polisher cords but the 1/2" air line from the compressor is a bit much to work with so I retired my pneumatic impact and replaced with one of these.

1641729486590.png
Must have been the season for Milwaukee this Christmas.............

IMG_0099.jpg

I have no idea what I will use it for, I just wanted one! :crackup: