Sponsored

Battery keeps going dead

Scar55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordering 2016 V6 Convertible
I have a 2016 v6 convertible. It has 26000 miles on it. The battery has been replaced twice in 6 months. My car sits for two to three months at a time. The last two times it has sat, I have come home to a dead car. Ford said the battery was bad and they replaced it. They did a draw down test on it and didn't find anything. They seem to think that with the modern electronics two months is too long for one to sit. I have a Cadillac and a Navigator and a Nissan truck. They all start every time. They have for years. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Kelly
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scar55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use one on the motorcycles but don't think I should have to on the car. None of my other vehicles require it. I don't think the mustang should either, Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Kelly

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I think given the age of the 15s and 16s that are on the street were starting to hear more about bad batteries, only lasting ~2years

OP
OP

Scar55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a solar panel battery charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Hopefully the car will start when I come home next year.

Kelly

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
These cars have big parasitic draw even with what you think is everything turned off. If it's going to be sitting for a month or more either put a trickle charger on it or disconnect the ground.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I bought a solar panel battery charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Hopefully the car will start when I come home next year.

Kelly
Next YEAR?! You wrote that in early January! Holy cow! It must be tough to be serving away from home for so long.

OP
OP

Scar55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad. I will be gone at least three months this time. There is no reason the battery should be dead in that time. All my other vehicles start right up and they have sat longer then that. I did notice that the USB plug that I have in the cigarette lighter stays lit up. That can't be that much draw but maybe over that much time...I don't know. I will try the solar charger this time and she how it works.

Kelly
Sponsored