Baton Rouge S550s

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I missed the car & truck show at Lamar/Dixon due to a planned drive, which I recommend to all in the area. My wife & I took US 61 to the St. Francisville/New Roads bridge - Hwy. 10, to La. 1, through Morganza. When we got to Lettsworth, we turned north on Hwy 15 & followed the river. We went over the Miss. River control structures & the hydro electric plant, on up to Vidalia. The road curves frequently & very little traffic. Once we reached Vidalia, we crossed over the river to Natchez back to US 61 south. A few miles down is the Roux 61 restaurant, where we had a good lunch. Then back on the road through Woodville & St. Francisville.... Nice ride for a fine weather day...
That's one what hell of a drive but yes perfect day for it.

I went to the Lamer show, wasn't bad. About 30 cars but they had the gun/knife show, fair rides, rodeo. All kinda of stuff to do. So my daughter had fun.

The weather was perfect for C&C, and there was a good turn out. Sadly, due to the less than mature actions by some leaving the event, we got a visit by some of the local Sheriff dept. personnel who had gotten reports of loud cars and drag racing. Never saw anyone drag racing, but there was some noise from a number of the cars leaving out. Hope we don't lose this venue as well.

Well, that shit as been going on since C&C started.
I'm surprised when that corvette crashed it didn't get shut down.

There was cops there one time I went last year, they were cool. It's only a matter of time to be honest, that's why I don't go to any night time meets.
Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
They were actually very reasonable and more asking what was going on that accusing anyone there of anything nefarious. they mostly just watch as we began to thin out, and asking that we not make excessive noise, spin tire, or anything like that. I know that's much of why the venue on Burbank was lost.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
They were actually very reasonable and more asking what was going on that accusing anyone there of anything nefarious. they mostly just watch as we began to thin out, and asking that we not make excessive noise, spin tire, or anything like that. I know that's much of why the venue on Burbank was lost.
Thats good but all it takes is one jack ass.. lol

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I'll have to put my suspension project on hold. I have everything but the shocks, which I was going to order next week. With this virus going round, I figured I'd better hold off just in case I need the money elsewhere, Heaven forbid! However, I'll still take my weekend drives to nowhere... Y'all stay safe & smart...

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
The local club has put all events for this month as well as the next meeting on hold. I don't knot know how/if this will impact the Robinson Brothers show as of yet, but the Hub City show is cancelled.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think a trip down the river road is in order for the weekend...

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and went on a cruise today. It was beautiful weather. We will be building a home soon so we look at bricks, colors, and landscaping. On Jefferson Hwy a V6 550 was trying to provoke me to launch. Wife was with me so it was a no go.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
The wife and went on a cruise today. It was beautiful weather. We will be building a home soon so we look at bricks, colors, and landscaping. On Jefferson Hwy a V6 550 was trying to provoke me to launch. Wife was with me so it was a no go.

Do you have Silver wheels?

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Ok, never mind. It was a magnetic grey but he had silver wheels and was dropped pretty low.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed Steeda sport progressive springs & it lowered it about an inch. Was out driving this weekend around town some. I didn't take pictures while I was doing the work, but I'm considering taking a few when I do a brake inspection soon.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
BlownGP, you had the gold Grand Prix GTP back in the Sonic days?