Sponsored

BAP vs return style fuel system 2020 whipple gt

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
2020 whipple gt(6spd) waiting for me! Been ready to be transported since the 21st but the holidays have been making things difficult, should be loaded on a truck and on its way to me next week though. Ok so, I have a goal of 800-850whp to start with, don't see myself wanting more than that as this will for the most part be my daily and first boosted car. If I feel like I need more power i'll address that later and just get the return style system. Thinking about just adding a bap, injectors and e85 to reach that 800+whp. For my hp goals do you guys think this is a good move vs going to a full on return system? Will be upgrading the car to a stage 2 kit myself (just worked out better that way)
whipple gt.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, how do I change my user name up on here? Been wanting to for a good minute ha

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can't run just a BAP for e85. Every tuner/supplier/builder I talked to said you need a return style for e85. I'm hoping gt 500 pumps will allow e85 without but haven't heard anything yet

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't run just a BAP for e85. Every tuner/supplier/builder I talked to said you need a return style for e85. I'm hoping gt 500 pumps will allow e85 without but haven't heard anything yet
Pretty sure lethal performance's car ran a jms booster and id1300 injectors before they added a fuel system unless I'm mistaken....?

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, back in the day guys were running a BAP with upgraded pumps (DW 400) what they found was this set up is not consistent. You can lose fuel pressure. Tuners won't even tune that set up anymore

Last edited:
OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, back in the day guys were running a BAP with upgraded pumps (DW 400) what they found was this set up is not consistent. You can lose fuel pressure. Tuners won't even tune that set up anymore
Right on, appreciate it

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wanted to do exactly what you are thinking and researched it to death . I wound up just skipping the stage 1 E85 and going right to stage 2 on pump. Still hoping there's a way to run E85 without a return in the near future.

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do find a way let me know.
Yeah I went stage 1 because the car was built by a dealership and would be better to get the stage 2 upgrade kit and do it myself. I'm more so just wanting to get off of 91 octane and its potential issues boosted more than anything. No doubt, I'll look into it more.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your really wanting 800, safely we typically recommend one of our level 1 e fore setups withoutthe rails, since the whipple has rails. it's a great system, and e85 should pick you up about 75 wheel over 93

hit me up with any questiosn
https://www.beefcakeracing.com/fore-42-821e/
Sponsored