arex5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Good afternoon all,

I recently bagged my ‘19 5.0 on Universal Air Non-Mag Ride shocks/struts. However, my camber in front was off, so I ordered Steeda Camber Bolts. Installed them, maxed them out, and re-aligned only to find that they’re still out of spec!! :( Currently running stock PP1 wheels and tires. My toe was adjusted and is within spec, just having issues with the camber.

I was going to order camber plates, but I was told by the shop that installed them and by the company that manufactures the bag setup that it’s not a “standard mustang upper shock,” so camber plates like the Maximum Motorsport Caster Camber Plates wouldn’t be a guaranteed fit.

See photo of my current tread wear and how the wheels currently fit with the camber.

What do I do?

IMG_5781.jpeg

IMG_5780.jpeg

IMG_5788.jpeg

IMG_5787.jpeg
Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
There is like a half inch of play when you have the 2 bolts loosened up. Just make sure when you tighten them down that you or someone else pulls outward on the top of the brake rotor to get as much positive camber as possible. If you were pushing on the brake rotor or leaning on it inward, and tightened it, well that's why one side is a lot more negative than the other. I had this same issues a couple years ago.

OP
OP
arex5.0

arex5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
There is like a half inch of play when you have the 2 bolts loosened up. Just make sure when you tighten them down that you or someone else pulls outward on the top of the brake rotor to get as much positive camber as possible. If you were pushing on the brake rotor or leaning on it inward, and tightened it, well that's why one side is a lot more negative than the other. I had this same issues a couple years ago.
Okay, I’m going to take a look at the knuckle and I’ll try that. Thank you very much

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
how much camber?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have the exact degree, but it’s enough to where the tread on my front tires is only being worn on the inner maybe 60%.
Right, all of this adds up, seen it about 20 times. MP4S is sensitive as heck to toe being off slightly.

Its not your camber its your toe is jacked up when you change ride height with the bags (or its off at your default) and when the toe is off, you quickly cord through the MP4S tire on the inside edge. If it didn’t cord there I’d be shocked. So many of the Michellins do this.

They’re great tires, but if you get 25k out of them, you got extremely lucky. If you’re toe settings are a little off you might get half that.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles on the tires?

OP
OP
arex5.0

arex5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How many miles on the tires?
Less than 60 miles on the tires so far. I got the car aligned at ride height, so I'm assuming that the toe and camber changing shouldn't be the reason why my tires are being worn unevenly? The only time I ever adjust the height are when it's parked, or pulling in/out of my driveway.

The camber was actually off still even with the camber bolts by "x.x" degrees when it was aligned, and my alignment guy told me the toe was on point at ride height, but not the camber.

Do you think doing what @Pistol_91 said below would help? Pulling the rotor and tightening at the same time?
Open to any and all insight and suggestions you have as well. Thanks :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
(nvm)

Last edited:
OP
OP
arex5.0

arex5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you reached cord in 60 miles then something is badly wrong.

Probably the tire is wearing on suspension or bag hardware at that spot. The tech might mean ‘camber’ as in we cant get it far enough from the hard parts to clear at all.

Thats more of a wheel fit issue.
Not hitting any cords or rubbing on anything. But the original pics I put up, you can visibly see where it's wearing more versus where it isn't, which is why I think it may be isolated to a camber issue.
IMG_5781.jpg
I'll attach another photo to this reply.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oh sorry, I thought a dust line was a cord.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not hitting any cords or rubbing on anything. But the original pics I put up, you can visibly see where it's wearing more versus where it isn't, which is why I think it may be isolated to a camber issue.
IMG_5781.jpg
I'll attach another photo to this reply.
The distinct color change between the shoulder tread and the inside tread is a compound change engineered into the tire. You’re not talking about that are you? I dont see any other things which look like odd wear

Still need to see an alignment sheet.

OP
OP
arex5.0

arex5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The distinct color change between the shoulder tread and the inside tread is a compound change engineered into the tire. You’re not talking about that are you? I dont see any other things which look like odd wear

Still need to see an alignment sheet.
I was referring to what I circled here. Is that what you're talking about as well? So, that's not because of uneven wear? I was assuming that because of the camber being off, that was the cause of the discoloration on the tires....I will try to get an alignment sheet soon and update it here.

IMG_5781 2.jpg

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I was referring to what I circled here. Is that what you're talking about as well? So, that's not because of uneven wear? I was assuming that because of the camber being off, that was the cause of the discoloration on the tires....I will try to get an alignment sheet soon and update it here.

IMG_5781 2.jpg
If you're getting uneven tread wear in the middle of your tire that is due to your tires not having to proper psi. If camber is off you'll have wear from the very edge inward. Not just a strip in the middle.
Sponsored