Bad wheel hop continues

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium, Performance Pack, 6MT
Question for the been there done that guys. I have currently have Steeda linear springs, Steeda IRS subframe support bushing system, Steeda alignment dowels, and Steeda IRS subframe support braces, but I am on the stock performance pack tires at 26 psi and I still experience excessive violent wheel hop. 2015 GT 6mt PP.

I know the stock tires are only hurting the cause. My question is, what's next? Should I try the Steeda adjustable differential bushing inserts as well? Maybe their Vertical links? I plan to whipple in the summer and I'm trying to get this issue under control before then.

I am not exaggerating either. Last nite I drove the car after I installed everything and I tried just a small burnout in track mode at 1500 rpm and the car shook so violently that the computer pulled power and I pushed the clutch in and stopped. It was 64 degrees outside at the time. Wheel hop between 1st and 2nd is just as bad as it was stock. I even went straight home and verified torque (129 ft lbs) on all the bolts to make sure the irs wasn't loose.

I am not bagging on Steeda by any means. They are a great company with great products and outstanding customer service. I am one of the first to use their linear springs and they still have a pic of my car on their website. I just want to know what I should buy next? I'm thinking their adjustable differential bushings?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Yes. Get the differential bushings and vertical links. You need stickier tires, too.

I get virtually no hop and I don't even have my differential bushings install yet or the subframe braces

I am running sticky 305/35/20 tires outback. Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 tires.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Yes. Get the differential bushings and vertical links. You need stickier tires, too.

I get virtually no hop and I don't even have my differential bushings install yet or the subframe braces

I am running sticky 305/35/20 tires outback. Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 tires.
This^^^^

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So it sounds like the vertical links did it for you then? I'm sure the tires I have are probably the main culprit.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
So it sounds like the vertical links did it for you then? I'm sure the tires I have are probably the main culprit.
I would do both, honestly.

The factory PP tires are not great for getting traction off the line or banging gears hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I'll get both for sure. I am a big Steeda fan so any excuse to buy more of their products is a good excuse.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I'll get both for sure. I am a big Steeda fan so any excuse to buy more of their products is a good excuse.
Welcome and I agree 100000%. Awesome products and the best customer service, too:cheers:

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
The absolute biggest difference you'll see if getting rid of the stock garbage tires. Wheel hop doesn't exist without wheel spin, so if you can't get traction, you'll be hopping all over the place.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Your tire pressure doesn't help either. You should be up in the low 30s. The tires aren't the best for launching, but when you run at low pressures, the intensity of the forces when they catch and grab is higher, making the hop worse. It's much, much better to have spin than hop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
26 psi sounds low for tire pressure. What does your sticker on the drivers door call for? Mine with the 19" from the 50th AP call for 32 psi. You may not be getting full contact patch contact at 26 psi. Pump them up and see if anything changes. Might be the cheapest fix you ever did (if it works).

Hope you track down the culprit. I added all of the Steeda goodies you did (except I have progressive springs) and I cannot detect any hop.

You didn't mention if you got your car aligned after installation of springs and IRS alignment dowels. If not, that could also be a contributor.

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
The steeda race differential bushings and irs support brace removed all hop for me personally.
I have pro springs, IRS support braces, and the bushings as well and have absolutely no wheel hop either. I run 305/35 M/T street comps. Its gotta be the tires...

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
The tire pressure was atually wrong. 26 was what they were cold when I pulled out of my garage. When I tried to spin the tires, I was at 29 psi according to my tpms. Only 3psi low. At the track, I have experienced much less wheel hop with low pressure, vice what the sticker calls for. I go down to around 20 psi.

I really think the cold hard stock PP tires and the diff bushings are the culprit here. I am going to do the bushings and vertical links for now before I do wheels/tires. Thank you all for your input because this is frustrating. I'll reply with my results when I get the goods!

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
I have the full Steeda stop the hop package and stock PP tires and still get wheel hop. Stickier tires are coming soon.
Sponsored