Bad driving habits with your Mustang

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
He did it wrong. You shouldn't install it in place of the factory horn. Because in that case all a cop has to do is ask you to honk, and that's it, he's caught you. You're an easy target.
You should bury it deep in the engine compartment, where it can't be easily spotted from above, and install a separate circuit, with a dedicated button mounted under the dash. When a cop pulls you over, you say to him: "I don't know, chief, it wasn't me, look, my horn sounds normal, I'll show you". :devil:
Have you ever gazed upon a "Real" set of Air Horns from a Locomotive ? Unless you are driving a Semi truck you are not going to hide these under the hood. These are not the "pretend" air horns that you pick up at Harbor Freight or Dollar General......
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Have you ever gazed upon a "Real" set of Air Horns from a Locomotive ? Unless you are driving a Semi truck you are not going to hide these under the hood. These are not the "pretend" air horns that you pick up at Harbor Freight or Dollar General......
Yeah, no way your hiding a real air horn and the air source needed to fire it. Not only highly illegal, but you’ll be adding more then a few hundred pounds of gear. Have to admit though, there’s been a few times when it might have been worth it.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I confess, I don’t use the back up camera when reversing. Just can’t get used to looking down at the screen instead of the mirrors.

Criminal I know.
I was the same, not only in the Mustang but in a truck as well but with all these little kids getting run over in parents driveways I’ve learned to have a quick peek in the camera while mainly using my mirrors.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
-I drive my Mustang all year, ice/winter tires on it now. (Bad habit to some, not to me) I have been driving RWD V8 cars since I got my drivers license. I tried to be practical once with an AWD 4 banger wagon, lasted 10 months it bored me to tears....more like bored me into the Mustang.
-I leave my car in 1st or 2nd around town in track mode so I can hear the exhaust crackle and echo off the buildings.
-No tunnel goes by without a downshift.
-On ramps are drag strips
-There is a very straight road with no driveways, intersections, turnoffs, cops, etc. near me that I frequently take the car 100+(Not with winter tires)

*After reading a lot of the posts in this thread, I sound a lot like you guys. I drove Camaros all my life and the average owner on the forums was like, "I drive normal on the street and go fast on the track." Pssh the heck with that, I bought a V8 to hear the V8! Every...single....day. The Camaro guys I hung out with at the shows used to joke that I was more like a Mustang guy, I get it now. Weird how certain cars attract certain personalities.

Last edited:

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
*After reading a lot of the posts in this thread, I sound a lot like you guys. I drove Camaros all my life and the average owner on the forums was like, "I drive normal on the street and go fast on the track." Pssh the heck with that, I bought a V8 to hear the V8! Every...single....day. The Camaro guys I hung out with at the shows used to joke that I was more like a Mustang guy, I get it now. Weird how certain cars attract certain personalities.
There aren’t crowds without barriers at the track.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
There is no one around when I drop the hammer, more like roll into the hammer because I don't want to excessively wear my tires, only trees and/or swamps. I don't do anything stupid near people, other cars, or driveways. I'm more likely to hit someone at the strip, because the barriers are waist high at best.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I like the downshifting and pay no attention to what others' expressions are or the thumps up or down bit.

Not hungry for attention, self-esteem homemade, no approval required or needed, from John Q public.
To busy enjoying the fruits of my labor.
I guess I’m hungry for attention 😂

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
ODOT just finished a new exit in Toledo area on "23/475" complete with 2, 4 lane over passes and 3 new 2 lane roundabouts. It's a cluster during the week days when I'm in my work van, and I avoid the area. However, when it's Saturday morning & I'm in the Shelby, going to meet the guys for breakfast, It's "Track" mode, windows down, using both lanes (as there is no Saturday morning traffic) and exceeding the posted speed limit.
I have to admit that more than once I "looped" around so I could do it again.
And I learned a valuable lesson, Don't do that with the "wife" in the car....

F6AA8ED4-9BDD-4BCB-AB9B-E92B983CDE26.jpeg

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Bad habits? Bad Habits??? "I dont have no stinking bad habits............." :turkey:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Anybody blip on UPSHIFTS? Or just me? I wind up 1st gear and 2nd gear under part throttle and blip on the upshift, seems like the trans shifts a little smoother when I do this and I don't get that little nibble. Could be just me tho lol