Bad day for someone

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There is a humorous follow-up to the accident I had (post #9)... At the time, I was manager of technical support for a large hospital. When they found out which hospital I worked for, they transferred me there. I was unconscious for several days, so I had no idea what was going on. The nurses and volunteers thought people must really like me because I got so many visitors. It was just my staff doing business as usual. My hospital bed became my office for a number of weeks.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Man that's an awesome wing, definitely a track car...lol

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of bad days, saw a wreck on I95 this morning, a van towing a little trailer behind it had jack knifed off the expressway and ended up against the median rail guard with what appeared to be only minor damage.

On the way home (now going in the opposite direction) 45 minutes later I passed that wreck and somebody else apparently had slammed into it backing traffic up for miles, cops and fire vehicles were screaming to the scene from everywhere.

TC

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^nice^^^^^

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I got t boned on my 21st bday at 45mph at intersection, she hit me, went flying she rolled down hill etc. the door caved in and broke a rib of mine. but I had adrenaline and was able to climb out and go help pull her out of her van that flipped tons down a large hill, unbuckled her pulled her out.

she sued me. but there was a witness who saw the accident fortunately for me. (she was pregnant and lost it) claimed it was my fault and that I ran a red-light, etc.. just awful situation.

If you are wondering how this works with lawyers- geico covered all my legal fees.
I was also 21, almost 32 hours to the minute after I bought my RSX-S. Still learning to drive a stick, so I was out practicing late at night. Light turned green, I almost stalled then started through an intersection. Some lost girl blew through a red going (admittedly) around 50 in a 35. Took the front bumper off a cab to my right then smashed into my rear quarter spinning me around twice up and over a median. My head smashed hard into the window and messed my lower back up pretty bad. The adrenaline was also pumping. I didn't know what just happend but got out to check on the cabbie and her. I remember vividly walking up to her just to hear "My dad is going to kill me. I don't have insurance...."

Thankfully I did and got the car back a month latter. State Farm initially was just going to eat the cost but about 5 years later I received a letter stating they were suing her for reimbursement.

She seemed really out of it when the police arrived. She told them she was lost trying to go home after a party. For some reason the police never breathalyzed her. Perks of being a 25 year old blonde I guess.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Years ago I got clipped by a guy speeding down the "no man land" center strip. Luckily I had a camera and took pix of his skid marks, right thru the crosshatches. A few days later, was doing an interview with the adjuster and he told me the guy , who originally admitted guilt, went and amended his version of the incident. Apparently there's a 5 day period where you can amend the report. We caught him, thanks to the camera.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well this mustang didnt do so well. This was on I95

20200910_090359.jpg

20200910_090401.jpg

20200910_090402.jpg
Sponsored