Back to stock

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
I am currently lowered on vogtland sport plus lowering springs and need to go back to the stock springs and i am curious as to if i will need to replace my shocks and struts ? The lowering springs have been on the car for about 7 months
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
No, you'll be fine.

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
FYI, i was back to stock spring after almost a year running Sportline and my car is feel like SH** (my car is base model, no PP). Ride is harsh, bumpy ...very uncomfortable. I think my shock and struts are gone. I'm trying to get a replacement for them now.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You might find if you rode in a new car it's the same. I know when I installed the Steeda progressive springs it made my ride way better than the stock springs. So it may have just been because you went back to the stock springs and the dampers aren't bad. I'd recommend considering the Steeda Pro-Action dampers if you feel you need to replace them.

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
You might find if you rode in a new car it's the same. I know when I installed the Steeda progressive springs it made my ride way better than the stock springs. So it may have just been because you went back to the stock springs and the dampers aren't bad. I'd recommend considering the Steeda Pro-Action dampers if you feel you need to replace them.
Well, i don't think that is the feeling of a new car. I drive my car and i feel there is no damper at all, way too harsh. Not just me but others people in my family already complained that my car is not comfortable at all (after back to stock.)

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Well, i don't think that is the feeling of a new car. I drive my car and i feel there is no damper at all, way too harsh. Not just me but others people in my family already complained that my car is not comfortable at all (after back to stock.)
My car was never comfortable new but mine is a PP. I just wanted to recommend better dampers than stock if you were planning to buy new stock dampers. Didn't want you to be disappointed.

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
My car was never comfortable new but mine is a PP. I just wanted to recommend better dampers than stock if you were planning to buy new stock dampers. Didn't want you to be disappointed.
That is my plan. But i still don't know which damper will work with Eibach Sportline but still give me the comfort i need for a daily drive car.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That is my plan. But i still don't know which damper will work with Eibach Sportline but still give me the comfort i need for a daily drive car.
I was talking about if going back to stock springs. I think the problem you have is the spring selection. Sortlines are too low and bad rate. I think you have to give up the ride comfort if you want it that low.

But if you really want to keep the Sportlines, maybe the Koni adjustables? They are pretty stiff. You could call or PM [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] and ask his opinion about their Pro action dampers with the Sportlines, if anyone would know, it would be him.

Last edited:

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've got base GT springs with Steeda non adjustable struts and shocks. Love it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've got base GT springs with Steeda non adjustable struts and shocks. Love it.
This seems to be the norm. I think Steeda must have done a much better job with the valving in their Pro Action dampers on both compression and rebound. I haven't heard anyone unhappy with using them with any springs.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
They really do transform the car. Also, don't be too quick on changing springs unless you're really sure it is what you want. Just my 2 cents!
Sponsored