B&O 12-Speaker Upgrade [important ordering issue + solution!]

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Seeing as this is obviously a big issue for a lot of folks ordering new cars, I wanted to pop on here real quick just in case and say that if you ordered the B&O 12 speaker upgrade for your car, be sure you get a copy of your order summary sheet (WBDO, or Web-based Dealership Ordering system, formerly DORA) to confirm it is there.

NOT the initial build sheet you create with your dealer — you want the exact order summary Ford receives from your dealer telling them what to build. This sheet will go into your file and requesting a quick photo of it will give you peace of mind.

Here’s mine as an example:
15632FDA-F544-4CBC-AADC-6E967F3FB6F2.jpeg

I was concerned when I noticed that the audio upgrade had no price on my initial build sheet, which the dealer told me the managers reference when submitting orders. He said the “build your car” system is a bit glitchy and “not to worry about it” and that if it’s on the sheet, it’ll be officially ordered.

Spoiler alert: it wasn’t. 🙃

And I can guess how it was skipped; whoever entered the order was probably skimming for add-on prices on the initial build sheet. So if they’d seen a column of $0’s, they’d assume it was included by default, right? My dealer even thought it was “included in a package” when I first told him about it. That’s why this glitch in their system is likely causing issues since the B&O upgrade is always marked as $0.

Here’s my initial build sheet for reference and what triggered my concerns:
E45C21E6-2DD4-49CD-A5A3-8B63B1B11275.jpeg

All I know is…I don’t care if I’m a non-smoker that ordered an ashtray; if I ordered a $40k-$60k+ custom car and waited 4+ months to receive it, that ashtray damn well better be in there! 😤

Ideally they can get my B&O system added before a build date is assigned, I’m just waiting to hear back. Apparently the opening of the Bronco/Ranger/Explorer books yesterday is causing delays? 🤦‍♀️ I’ll update this post again with more details when I have them but feel free to share your advice or experiences about this below!

⭐ EDIT [8.5.22]:⭐
After a lot of back and forth, the sales manager and I were able to figure out what needs to be selected on the dealer’s end (NOT the consumer’s “build your car” process) so the B&O upgrade is officially included, as well as the price, on the final order summary sheet submitted to Ford.

Your dealer must select the “AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio” option in their system in order to trigger the “B&O 12 Spkr Sound System” upgrade. Massive thanks to @ScottyRyan2018 for their help in identifying this solution! You were totally right and even my dealer thanked you lol

If they only select the B&O system upgrade, it won’t be added by default. If you look at the equipment group/order book listing for MY22, you’ll see the CD Player and HD radio appear to be part of the B&O upgrade package:

CE03CD7A-B507-4CA5-B8BB-273F5CA7BF65.jpeg

If you’ve already placed your order and have any concerns about whether or not your upgrade will be included, you can check your order summary and it WILL be listed! Here’s my updated order summary page that shows the change:

3291F418-6927-4472-83E9-1A8AC4AC910D.jpeg

If you don’t see it on there then I’m sorry, it won’t be included when your car is built. 😢 Since MY22 order books are closing on 8/10, there may still be time to cancel your order and have it reentered (if you recently ordered and are confident your dealer will resubmit in time, of course).

Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
The MY23 Maverick Order Banks don't open until September...

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
In retrospect I wouldn't have bothered with B&O, TBH.

I upgraded the base stereos in my S197 and my 6th gen Bronco (both were less than $1k upgrades) and they both sounded leaps and bounds beyond the B&O in my S550.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
The MY23 Maverick Order Banks don't open until September...
Did the F150 order banks open again yesterday? Maybe he mixed that up. Something opened again that was causing issues so it’s possible I misunderstood. I could have sworn he said something about the Mavericks…🤔

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
In retrospect I wouldn't have bothered with B&O, TBH.

I upgraded the base stereos in my S197 and my 6th gen Bronco (both were less than $1k upgrades) and they both sounded leaps and bounds beyond the B&O in my S550.
I’ve heard similar before and may end up upgrading my audio system down the line, but from the test drive I had with an upgraded GT, it sounded good enough for me and better than the Ecoboost, so I figured it’d be worth it in the interim.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough, I figured if worse came to worst, I would have more speakers to upgrade when/if the time came to do so, but from what I recall seeing on Crutchfield, most of them have no available harnesses.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Did the F150 order banks open again yesterday? Maybe he mixed that up. Something opened again that was causing issues so it’s possible I misunderstood. I could have sworn he said something about the Mavericks…🤔
Found this on carsdirect.com and it solves the mystery lol: " The automaker announced that it will re-open retail order banks for the Edge, Bronco Sport, Ranger, and Explorer on August 2. The Maverick and the recently introduced Maverick Tremor will become available to be ordered in September. Order books for the 2023 F-150 and Transit opened in July."

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Found this on carsdirect.com and it solves the mystery lol: " The automaker announced that it will re-open retail order banks for the Edge, Bronco Sport, Ranger, and Explorer on August 2. The Maverick and the recently introduced Maverick Tremor will become available to be ordered in September. Order books for the 2023 F-150 and Transit opened in July."
Ah there we go, thank you for looking into that and confirming! I’ve updated my post so no MY23 Maverick hopefuls get upset/confused lol

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
As a person that sold stereo’s in the mid 70’s, I learned how a system sounds is different for everyone. I like the B & O package as it has a more neutral European sound that I like. It is closer to the ADS speakers and amps I used to install in my cars decades ago. If you are looking for deep bass, I can see why someone would not like the B & O setup. There is a thread in another section that has settings to use for the B & O package that I feel greatly improved the sound.

rhorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT in Mischievous Purple
I was one of the orders where it was definitely discussed, definitely confirmed, and then totally missing from the sheet. Didn't catch it until it went into production.

THAT being said, I'm very much looking forward to doing my own replacement/upgrades to the 9-speaker instead of the B&O option. Should have a better sounding setup at or less than the cost of the upgrade itself.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I’ve heard similar before and may end up upgrading my audio system down the line, but from the test drive I had with an upgraded GT, it sounded good enough for me and better than the Ecoboost, so I figured it’d be worth it in the interim.
Just my 2 cents, I do feel the upgrade is pretty good. I may not be an audiophile like many other people, but the Cd player and the radio sound good IMO. I'm glad I ordered it. On the side, I can't believe how much prices have gone up, received mine last September, and I think it would be about 4K more now. Everything has gone up, except the HP!

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Just my 2 cents, I do feel the upgrade is pretty good. I may not be an audiophile like many other people, but the Cd player and the radio sound good IMO. I'm glad I ordered it. On the side, I can't believe how much prices have gone up, received mine last September, and I think it would be about 4K more now. Everything has gone up, except the HP!
Same here — I’m definitely not an audiophile and don’t believe my ears are sophisticated enough to notice a lot of the subtleties others may pick up on. I just love a lot of bass and feeling it shake my entire soul lol And compared to my hearty little 2013 civic right now, the B&O upgrade is worth it!

Too true about the cost of everything going up, ugh. I wish I’d had enough to order sooner but alas. And I painfully laugh at the only thing going down is the HP! 🥲 So true it hurts.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
As a person that sold stereo’s in the mid 70’s, I learned how a system sounds is different for everyone. I like the B & O package as it has a more neutral European sound that I like. It is closer to the ADS speakers and amps I used to install in my cars decades ago. If you are looking for deep bass, I can see why someone would not like the B & O setup. There is a thread in another section that has settings to use for the B & O package that I feel greatly improved the sound.
Totally agree and everyone’s tastes in sound are just as varied as their tastes in music in general. I specifically requested to test drive a GT with the upgrade so I could experience a subwoofer for the first time and I knew for sure I’d spring for the upgrade (I already knew the base audio system from test driving the ecoboost as a rental).

And I absolutely intend to do a lot of research into how to optimize the sound system, as I’d read another thread that said you can download apps that can tap into an equalizer of some sort? They made it sound like there’s a lot of hidden/unlockable features you need to explore before you label the B&O system as sub-par, so I’d like to do that and see what happens!

Nerd that I am, I am actually really looking forward to getting my owner’s manual so I can read everything about my car lol

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me the problem isn't quality so much as it is volume, unless my hearing has gotten markedly worse since my last ear exam (last year, lol) I need to turn the volume up higher than I think I should (like more than halfway).
Even the base system in my Bronco sounded louder to me and that's a soft-top.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Totally agree and everyone’s tastes in sound are just as varied as their tastes in music in general. I specifically requested to test drive a GT with the upgrade so I could experience a subwoofer for the first time and I knew for sure I’d spring for the upgrade (I already knew the base audio system from test driving the ecoboost as a rental).

And I absolutely intend to do a lot of research into how to optimize the sound system, as I’d read another thread that said you can download apps that can tap into an equalizer of some sort? They made it sound like there’s a lot of hidden/unlockable features you need to explore before you label the B&O system as sub-par, so I’d like to do that and see what happens!

Nerd that I am, I am actually really looking forward to getting my owner’s manual so I can read everything about my car lol
Take a look at this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-i-improved-the-b-o-sound-quality-for-free.141052/

Then if the sound still isn't good enough for you, you can replace the sub:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/b-o-10-sub-replacement-guide.148813/

Then if that still doesn't work for you, give Forscan a shot. If that STILL isn't enough for you, then you're probably looking at a custom setup which is going to be pretty expensive (if you can't do your own installation, that is).
Sponsored