Sponsored

Axles/Half shafts with Drag radials?

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
Hey guys, I Just bought a 2016 GT M6. Had a 2013 NA and a 2014 with a TVS both M6 before. Ive gone down the track hundreds of times. Id like to throw a set of NT555Rs on some 17" wheels and make some passes in this car. Assuming Im just doing a burnout and slipping the clutch, will the axles be okay? I think my biggest concern is more of the 1-2 shift. I feel like I can keep the stock half shalfs alive on the launch with the clutch slippage. But I havent really found a lot of info?

If not , Im assuming my best bet is the DSS 800hp axles? I know wheel hop is the biggest killer, plan on getting vertical links and the Cradle bushing lockout to eleminate wheel hop (unless theres something else I should also get?)

Thanks!
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Consider the GT350 axles. Much cheaper and have yet to here any GT350 blowing theirs

i have a set waiting install as well

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
We're pulling a set of DSS 800 axle shafts out of my wifes car this week. Shoot me a DM if you're interested. They held up flawlessly to 950 wheel. We're pushing beyond that this year so upgraded for piece of mind
Sponsored